Mistery Bantam Chicks what breed are they

bilbothebanty

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Illinois
I got Three bantam chicks from my local feed store, and do not know what breed they are. If you have any ideas let me know please.

Here is a picture of them at a few days old.

Two of them appear to be the same kind and are clean lagged. The third one is different and has feathery feet.

Here they are at about three weeks
#1 One of the brown ones

#2 the One with feathery feet

I've had chicks from the feed store that looked like those two. They turned out to be EE's. Old English BB Reds will look that also. The feather legged one could be a Millie Fleur. Its fun to what them change.

The feather legged one is a mille fleur D'Uccle and the others could be OEGs or Japanese. The older pic of the brown looks like it has really short legs and the high tail carriage of the Japanese but I'm not familiar with the color varieties beyond white, black, black tailed white, and black tailed buff. I will say that the one pictured looks to be a roo.

the feather legged one looks like a mille fleur d'uccle and appears to be a pullet(these can be sexed by 3 weeks old), the first brown one looks like its gonna be a cockerel(just a guess)...deffenetly not a porcelain d'uccle though on the feather legged one...

Yup! You got one pretty little Mille Fleur D'uccle pullet for sure!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom