Mute or sick duckling

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
Hello everyone! so I have two ducklings and one seems maybe sick or something. Yesterday she was acting perfectly normal like a regular duckling running around chirping and playing. But today she started acting very tired and has not peeped a bit. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out and you can tell she’s trying to make sound. She’s only about a week so she shouldn’t be getting Drake sounds plus I think she’s a female. I’m really worried about her and help would be very, very much appreciated!

Hello everyone! so I have two ducklings and one seems maybe sick or something. Yesterday she was acting perfectly normal like a regular duckling running around chirping and playing. But today she started acting very tired and has not peeped a bit. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out and you can tell she’s trying to make sound. She’s only about a week so she shouldn’t be getting Drake sounds plus I think she’s a female. I’m really worried about her and help would be very, very much appreciated!
Can perhaps you make a video of her doing it and post it here?

Diet? Brooder set up? Bedding?
Her diet is flock razor, and I’ll put a picture of her brooder. Her bedding is straw. She is the smaller one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 10
@BlueO you should get a thermometer and check the temps. there should be a cool side in the brooder so they can get out of the heat. I'd go with a larger tote. And that feeder is for chicks ducklings have a wider bill as they grow they will have a hard time drinking out of that feeder they need to be able to dunk their heads to clean their nares and eyes good.

Back
Top Bottom