My coop is finished! *Updated with final pics!!!* Please look.

michellerene

Songster
12 Years
Apr 23, 2007
Graham, WA
I'm very excited! DH & his friend are building the coop & run this weekend. The coop is DH's own design & will be elevated & 4' x 8'. The run will surround the coop & will be 12' x 16'. I'll update with pics during progress.
big_smile.png

Here's the catch-- I already know this coop will not be big enough when I want more girls next year... I already persuaded DH to double the size from his original plan (he's very skeptical that chickens actually "need" that much space!
roll.png
), so he's not hearing it right now. It will be a year of gentle persuasion & suggestion that we may need to add on next spring!
lol.png

Anyway, cannot wait to put my girls out in the run to scratch & run in the sunshine. They are getting so bored int he brooder!

Last edited:
I will, for sure! Here's an update...

The power tools are the most fun for the boys. They got to rent an auger for digging the post holes!
big_smile.png

3-07_005.jpg

BS Break
roll.png
lol.png
:

3-07_003.jpg

Update:

Posts for fencing is all cemented in & framing for coop is started:

3-07_006_001.jpg

3-07_007.jpg

I'm glad he designed it up off the ground-- it gets very wet here in the winter & spring (and fall!
roll.png
)... it's also a good use of the run space.

Last edited:
The back wall with the cutout for the egg door (have to laugh at our dog lounging under there-- I don't think so!
roll.png
):

3-07_013.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom