My coop is finished! *Updated with final pics!!!* Please look.

That is a great coop!

I love the little helper - very cute!

(love a man with long hair as well, my husbands isn't quite that long but getting there!!)

looks awesome!!! are you guys going to cut windows? that's my only thought. you can use hardware cloth over them and then either have doors/shutters for cold days and nights..
smile.png
otherwise looks great!!!!

R is just getting more and more handsome too!!!
smile.png
love that boy..
smile.png

Cat-- I would love some windows, but you know my DH... "You'll get what you get & that's what you'll get."
roll.png
I can open the front doors & the egg hatch for ventilation when it gets hot (not very much!), and it will look much better with some siding & paint. Looks like a bunker right now, doesn't it? I will mention a window after he's had a couple of weekends of not working on a big 'ol project for me, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

He is putting in a light with a timer, though, so that's cool.
big_smile.png

I woke up at 3 am and proceeded to think about how I was going to paint it & put a little bed of shrubs in the front of it & maybe grow some honeysuckle up the side of the wire... yeah, I should have been sleeping!
lol.png

I'll ask him if he'll cut a window hole for me, I think... I can nail the wire in it myself. Some funky old shutters would be so cute for the outside. I guess you don't really need a window to make a window, huh?

i think no matter what it's already looking great!
smile.png
i was just thinking window in case there are really stormy days in the winter and they have to be inside for a day or so..
wink.png
but otherwise it's gorgeous..
smile.png

Okay, here are the final pics... it turned out so danged cute!
big_smile.png

With the cedar shingles I got free for the asking:

3-07_027.jpg

After today's final touches-- paint, cedar flower boxes & tin signs on the doors:

3-07_038.jpg

3-07_042.jpg

A close up of the door without wire in the way:

3-07_009_002.jpg

And a pic of my happy girls roosting outside:

3-07_008_003.jpg

As a final note, has anyone else tried to paint with a flock of curious chickens underfoot?!
lol.png
More than one of them has blue paint on her feathers & a couple even got some on their beaks! Silly chickens!

Back
Top Bottom