My First (and 2nd) adopt and egg hatch-a-long of the year

ok well the Cochin eggs that I am checking fertility/hatching for shipped (since she was told they aren't fertile when shipped but she has hatched them out) changed again and shipped USPS. BUT she shipped them TODAY?!?!?!? so they will be here Mon but that basically means hanging out in a PO somewhere over the weekend...... so guess we see how that works out???? the PO opens at 8am and I have to leave at 8:30 for work so not sure if I will try to be there right when they open and hopefully have time to get them home and unwrapped before work or if I will go after work........ think last time the PO called me at like 7 and said I could go in before 8 to get them so if that happens then I may do that. I think with the long hang around time somewhere I may just let them rest a few hours and set them? not sure........

My other eggs will ship either Mon or Tue depending on how the Lemon Owlbeards are laying, but they are the same state so should only take a day to get here and I am not setting them until Thurs anyways

But getting so close to being able to finally set some eggs this year!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!! can't wait to see a pic of the babies!
Here is one of the olive eggers. Ill have to get pictures when i move them to the brooder late tonight
20240301_122202.jpg

sooo I was getting SOOOOO close to the 2nd set of eggs being shipped, was going to be Mon.. But she can't ship them until Tue because she needed a bit more time for all the Lemon Owlbeard eggs. so need to add a day to my count.

BUT I ordered another incubator.. it is similar to a maticoopx so I can incubate the eggs upright so hopefully better for the shipped eggs. It only holds 24 instead of 30 but probably better off for me. LMAO

So my new plan is that will come on Mon. My first set of eggs should be here Mon. hopefully I can get them before work so they can rest while at work. Hopefully the incubator comes on the early side so I can set that up when I get home. Then set those eggs and some of mine in there to start them.

2nd set of eggs come (hopefully Wed), think we are still setting them Thurs night depending on when @MochaLatte gets hers if not then set Fri. so I will move the first group of eggs to my NR360 after I candle them since that will be day 3 maybe 4. and set the new eggs in the new incubator (as long as temp and humidity are good with that one). :)

Back
Top Bottom