My Rooster... is mating with my foot???

CarlitosRussito

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 13, 2014
Hi, you know how roosters move when mating? Yup, that's how my brahma rooster gets my shoe everytime I come outside to check on him. I don't know why he does it, I feed him right and give him plenty of water, he has his hen(They are both free range since I have another rooster in the main hen house). The hen is currently in an incubation period and I never see him mate with her(the last time they were together was a month ago.) Has anyone else had a rooster done this to them?

Last edited:
I'd be readjusting his behavior ASAP!  This is not a good thing, and won't improve unless you fix it.  How old is he?  Is he too 'friendly'  with you in other ways?  Mary

He follows me everywhere, is about 4 years old. I also raised him from a chick. We occasionally have a fight with each other(we play this way), other times he will approach me and stand next to me.

He will often attack my brothers and sisters( of course he never catches them, cause if he sees me come out, he goes to me instead).

Sounds like you have a very frustrated rooster. Most mature roosters need between 8 to 10 hens. Too few, and you can have issues. Get more girls to spread his love. And he really shouldn't be 'fighting' humans or trying to mate them. He should see you as the top bird, so to speak, and respect your space.

Sounds like you have a very frustrated rooster. Most mature roosters need between 8 to 10 hens. Too few, and you can have issues. Get more girls to spread his love. And he really shouldn't be 'fighting' humans or trying to mate them. He should see you as the top bird, so to speak, and respect your space.
So this is aggression towards me?

Pick him up and carry him around, chase him around, make him move out of your way when he's in front of you...
You want him to maintain a respectful distance from you. He should never voluntarily come into your personal space. Lots of first time owners make the mistake of trying to make 'pets' of their roosters, only to find out the hard way that it's not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom