Carolinataborda

Chirping
Oct 16, 2023
Central Florida
Hi guys! I am NEW to raising backyard chickens in the Central Florida area. I have Polish (6weeks old), Easter eggers and Green Queens (7 weeks old). I’ve been loving this journey of learning something completely new and am really enjoying the community around raising chickens!!

I’ve currently kept them indoors with a brooder on at night and during the day they’ve spent the majority of the time outdoors in a safe play pen set up I have for them. I have finally built a predator safe coop and am wondering- are any of you raising chicks outdoors in this chillier weather? I’m wondering when I can start moving them outside to sleep in their coop? I’ve added some pictures for you guys to see if they’re fully feathered or not (as I’m not 100000% sure right now). I’d rather play it safe and keep them in longer but I think they may be ready? Also- any and all tips for a first time mom here in the Central Florida area would be greatly appreciated. I’ve done HOURS of research but the more knowledge the better! So excited to be a part of this community!!!
CDB024D8-F1F2-4436-B51C-D8200CA2D3FF.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2611.jpeg
    IMG_2611.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 71900886025__1544E667-AF3E-4997-80CE-AD2A35EDE1F0.jpeg
    71900886025__1544E667-AF3E-4997-80CE-AD2A35EDE1F0.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 7
Hello and welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here!

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your adorable chicks. Thank you for sharing!

It looks like at least some of them are still working on growing in feathers. They will most likely be fine as long as they are kept dry and away from any drafts.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Adorable babies! :love They are definitely close to being fully feathered. If your coop is draft free, but has ventilation, you should be able to get them outside. If you are too worried, wait a week, they will definitely be ready.

Welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom