New here Cochins and Polish

I love them! Besides them being adorable and so pretty they are sweet. My favorite, Betty, will first give me this little curious eye when I'm sitting watching them and then jump into my lap. They are VERY broody though so you either finally give in and let them set on some eggs or you have to keep stealing them. They actually set on the Polish eggs that we hatched. The rooster is a little handful, he is sly and will act like he's not paying attention to you but then jump on you when you turn away. I've finally come to an agreement with him so we respect each other. All of the Cochins are very protective. So when my dogs or cats, 15 lbs and under , come too close to the babies they will jump at them. Never hurting them but letting them know who is boss.
:welcome
How are you liking your cochin bantams? Are they friendly? I was just wondering because I was considering getting some sometime in the future.

I love them! Besides them being adorable and so pretty they are sweet. My favorite, Betty, will first give me this little curious eye when I'm sitting watching them and then jump into my lap. They are VERY broody though so you either finally give in and let them set on some eggs or you have to keep stealing them. They actually set on the Polish eggs that we hatched. The rooster is a little handful, he is sly and will act like he's not paying attention to you but then jump on you when you turn away. I've finally come to an agreement with him so we respect each other. All of the Cochins are very protective. So when my dogs or cats, 15 lbs and under , come too close to the babies they will jump at them. Never hurting them but letting them know who is boss.
Oh my gosh I think you just completely convinced me to get some lol🤣

Back
Top Bottom