Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I only want pullets. Think it's for sure enough to get rid of him now? Or wait a bit to confirm male? The chest is still fluffy, not real feathers

I only want pullets. Think it's for sure enough to get rid of him now? Or wait a bit to confirm male? The chest is still fluffy, not real feathers
Nothing at all questionable about him. Pullets, regardless of breed, don't start to turn RED in the comb until they are almost ready to lay eggs. Size of the comb has nothing to do with it. It's that redness, at that age, that means you have a cockerel.

I can see enough that I am sure about it but it's much more important that you feel sure about it. If that means waiting until he crows, that's OK. But he is definitely a male.

pretty sure both these pics are of the 2nd chick. So disappointed I ended up w at least one roo. Grrr
I can see enough that I am sure about it but it's much more important that you feel sure about it. If that means waiting until he crows, that's OK. But he is definitely a male.

I know silkies are hard to tell but looking for some input because I assumed it was a pullet and was going to pick up a cockerel. I really don't want 2 cockerels. 9 weeks. 20170913_142141.jpg 20170913_142146.jpg 20170913_142153.jpg 20170913_142157.jpg

Good day!
I have 3 8 week old chicks and I would love some input.
I am told that they are a mix of Barred Rock and Wyandotte.
Here is Bagrha and Sally
View attachment 1112223

I know I know .... seems like Bagrha is a cockerel... but I am holding out on some small hope that maybe because of the mix it could be a pullet
View attachment 1112224

Bagrha again, brown on the chest, grey stripes down the legs and sometimes the comb is light and sometimes it is pink???
View attachment 1112228
View attachment 1112229

This is our beautiful Sally ... she is a sweety with no fear, quite sure she is a pullet.
View attachment 1112230 View attachment 1112231

This last little beauty is Miss June, shy little thing but again thinking pullet.

Any input would be appreciated
Can you please spread the tail feathers and see if there are pointed feathers, or all of them are rounded?

Back
Top Bottom