NPIP certified? If not why?

Not spending my money on that. An my birds go out of state when they walk off my property
hmm.png

It is my understanding that the NPIP program is operated by each state, to it's own standards with USDA supervision. Different states different standards. I personnaly have e-mailed my state representative 3 times concerning the program and have yet to get any response.

Quote:
This is why I'm not as well. Seems like they don't test for anything that "really matters" to me. Lots of hoops to jump through afterwards too.
And in my particular situation, the AR Livestock and Poultry commission will necropsy occasional backyard chickens for free. No certification necessary.

If you get NPIP certification then you are agreeing to only purchase birds from NPIP certified sources...Sorry...Opting out...There is no guarantee that birds from an NPIP aren't carrying something else and that SERIOUSLY limits where I can purchase.. Some of the best stock is by non NPIP breeders... Thanks but I will pass.... I do have my birds randomly tested from time to time.

I don't sell birds. I don't ship birds or eggs. I don't sell eggs. So, there is no reason for me to have my flock certified.

I know here in Ohio it is optional for your flock to be tested. They do charge $35 for the certificate plus they charge so much per mile for coming out to test but supposedly they will not charge you the mileage if you agree to their ai testing program. I think they come out every 6 weeks after the initial visit where hey test every bird and test a small amount of birds on your property for so long and then after that it is just $35 a year and they come out once. This is the jist of it I got from the Ohio Poultry Association when I talked to them. I was going to go ahead and have mine tested whenever I got my flock established where I wanted it because there are a lot of people who will not buy anything from you unless you are tested.

Quote:
Of course they don't have the small farms and backyards interest at heart...it the big chicken businesses down the from where you live is where their main interest is. I am NPIP but it is free here in AL

Back
Top Bottom