Nuture Right 360- Shoe String Method

I just watched a quick video of it.
The shoestring I suppose will wick the water into the incubator. Might be something to try.
I've found it tedious to control humidity in the NR360, could just be me, but I don't have the same problem with my "cheaper" Farm Innovators incubator.

Sounds interesting.

Update: I keep having to add water manually. About once a day I add 1/8th of a cup. I keep finding my shoestring dry, but still in the canning jar. So I took the shoe string out and soaked it again and put it back in.

How are things going with everyone else's trial run?

Attachments

• 20230515_140726.jpg
    20230515_140726.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230515_141143.jpg
    20230515_141143.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 7
Update: I keep having to add water manually. About once a day I add 1/8th of a cup. I keep finding my shoestring dry, but still in the canning jar. So I took the shoe string out and soaked it again and put it back in.

How are things going with everyone else's trial run?
I wonder if the shoe string is too long? Maybe put the jar closer, tilt it toward the incubator if you can, and have the “wick” shorter. Gravity might be drying it out.

I candled the eggs today on the morning of day 18. 1 quitter, 4 unfertilized & 16 eggs that will hopefully hatch. So far I have gotten 10/12 or 8/10 or 11. For hatch rates with this incubator. This is my 3rd hatch with this incubator so we will see how it goes. I plan to do at least 1 more hatch this year to cover the cost of the incubator.

I candled the eggs today on the morning of day 18. 1 quitter, 4 unfertilized & 16 eggs that will hopefully hatch. So far I have gotten 10/12 or 8/10 or 11. For hatch rates with this incubator. This is my 3rd hatch with this incubator so we will see how it goes. I plan to do at least 1 more hatch this year to cover the cost of the incubator.
fingers crossed for a GREAT hatch! hopefully all 16 in the incubator hatch!

The chicks are hatching! The humidity got too high yesterday after the chicks started pipping so I took both shoestrings out. If the humidity goes down too much I will add it back in.

I was hoping that the shoe string method would be set it and forget it, but you really have to babysit it.

The chicks are hatching! The humidity got too high yesterday after the chicks started pipping so I took both shoestrings out. If the humidity goes down too much I will add it back in.

I was hoping that the shoe string method would be set it and forget it, but you really have to babysit it.
I wish you a successful hatch!

I was hoping to hear better results from the shoe string method, but I may still give it a try.
It seems like I have to babysit mine as is, so it's worth a shot anyway.

Consider a different type of string. Natural works better. Just like a lamp wick, some types will suck up the water more easily. If your "wick" is dry, it's not drawing well enough. Also, wet down your shoestring well before you start the process or it may not have enough power to get the water over the hump. The "climb" is the hard part. Once it starts sliding downhill you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom