***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I know I am jumping in mid-thread-stream, but I was wondering if anyone on here has a chicken plucker contraption that I could possibly rent from you to use a day or two in about 7-8 weeks.

I got some chicks with the intention of putting them in the freezer in 7-8 weeks. I thought I would just stage them out over the course of several days, but if I could use it on a weekend and just be done with the whole process, so much the better.

I can meet you anywhere near Tulsa and in fact would consider driving farther if you are my only choice.

Thanks so much, in hopes of not getting this thread off track please PM me.
I sent you a PM. How many birds are you planning to process?

@NanaKat yep shawnee atwoods sure does have guineas. I was in shawnee today and picked up 3 lavender and 3 white guineas, and 3 cochins and a straight run red chick.. maybe new hampshire? I'm going to try and stick them under a broody speckled sussex tonight. Except for the cochins... I want to hand raise those. I might be looking for nicer quality cochins in the spring. Do you usually sell chicks or eggs from your cochins? Your birds are really pretty!
love.gif

I was the Shawnee Atwoods today and there were some Naked Necks in one of the bins. They were red and gold. There were still some pullets in the lf bin and lots of Bantams.

There are now 25 baby quail and a few chicks in my small brooder. The Columbian Wyandotte chicks are popping out this evening.

@Adorkable. I'm glad you found some cuties at Shawnee. Thank you for the complement on my Cochins. I really enjoy them. I've sold both eggs and chicks. I'll let you know when I start collecting eggs in early spring.

@BetsyOK. We might pop in on Saturday for the Canadian County Poultry Show in Norman. It will be at the County Fairgrounds. How many birds will you be showing?
There should be a Farmers Market going on too. We enjoyed our day when we last attended the Show.

Last edited:
Yes I saw the turkens, but I had to resist. I really wanted a couple. They had black ones. They were so adorable!
That sounds great @NanaKat . Looking forward to having some of your cochins. Thanks!

Hoping to see several of you in Norman next Friday/Saturday at the Canadian Valley Poultry Show.  Who's planning to be there?

Oh I wish I'd known! Arlo and I biked by on our way to a soccer game. I thought that was a crazy amount of "farmers market" traffic. Hope everyone has fun!

Back
Top Bottom