Old Cabinet Incubator

feedstorechick

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
I bought this old cabinet incubator. I think it is a very old GQF, but I don't see any model information on it. It is all plywood and has different latches than the newer models.

So far, I've tested the turners, heater and thermostat and everything seems to be working. Anyone else have this model?
35698_incubatorfront.jpg

35698_incubatorempty.jpg

I am quite certain I have that same model. Mine has no marks on it either. Some have indicated it is an old Dickey and others have said it is an old GQF. In any case mine works very well and I have had some great hatches.

I think someone told me they thought it was an old 1202 GQF. Someone on here will know I am quite sure.

If in fact it is the same as mine, you should have great luck with it. I in fact managed to get both a bator and hatcher at the same time. The bator had been fitted with a electric thermostat.

Good luck

As soon as I clean out the rest of the spider webs, I'll run a test batch of eggs and see how it works!

I have this one for sale on here. Your lucky it looks like your turns by it's self. Mine doesn't. But it works great and holds over 600 eggs.

7163_wooden_cabnt.jpg

Gin yours is like the one I found and OMG it so totally rocks. Except the "how do you NOT fill it with eggs" part. Once I got it cleaned up and rewired - dang if it isn't ultra reliable and mine is nearly 100 years old. And the solid redwood really is just gorgeous even if I still have to finish striping and resealing it...

I would change the wafer. There really inexpensive and they do go bed. Most folks change them at least yearly and keep an extra just in case they go bad. Happy Hatching !
thumbsup.gif

That is MY incubator!!!!!!!!

I have no clue what it is. Sorry.

But DANG IT HOLD GREAT TEMPS! And gets to the desired temp quickly.

You do have the trays don't you??

I use a 8 x 10 cake pan on the top shelf to hold water, and boy, it uses alot.

Oh, and for easy, easy clean up I put wax paper on the very bottom after each hatch. Without the paper it gets nasty and is not easy to clean.

Fire that dinosaur up and hatch some chicks!!!!

You are going to LOVE that incubator, congrats.

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom