Old Cabinet Incubator

Quote:
I couldn't fill it, I only have 13 hens laying.
lau.gif
I saved all the eggs I could for 6 days and put in 101 eggs. 20 I was doing for someone else. I had a great hatch. I don't think mine is redwood and it doesn't shine up boy it works great.

A cabinet bator is a cabinet bator - OMG the NEED to add eggs is amazing. Chuckle. 101 see even with 13 layers you can't fill it. You need people to ship you eggs now lol.

Any thermostat can go bad. That part sucks. I am sorry yours went. My dogs unplugged my fan - spike to 134 killed all but one egg. Sigh. Of course they were shipped eggs and marans.

Some months incubating sucks. Not all that often though
smile.png

I will say I've had wafers quit but never had a water heater thermostat quit yet... go figure.

I'm glad I found an antique redwood but I would have settled for the old GQFs.

OP bator has two wafers. It would be a good idea to replace both of them, they are about 7 buck each. ONe could replace the switches as well, about 15 each for wafer and switch.

Good idea to have two for back up

I'll be sure and get some backup wafers. It did come with trays. The are wood frame with hardware cloth bottoms, except for the bottom hatching tray, it's metal framed. Still working on giving it a good cleaning. It smells musty.

Quote:
I have one just like it
I thought it was homemade but now it looks like it is really what they look like.
I got mine off craigslist for $125
A friend is going over it for me, redoing the plug as it was a little freyed and we will put in a new wafer and probably a digital thermometer and humidity gage.
Sure would be sweet if it worked well
how I need a hatcher!

Quote:
You can ship them but I'm sending them back after they hatch.
lol.png

As long as you include some silkies LOL we may have a deal... chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom