Old people think they know everything.............

The Chickeneer

~A Morning's Crow~
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Central Valley California
The only other person in my family that has chickens is my grandmother.........unlike allot of people now, she just loves it when her hens turn broody
D.gif
. Well I was incubating some eggs in my LG and showed them to her. I asked her if she knew what it was..... she goes, Oh yeah I've seen those you just put eggs in there and they hatch in a few hours
gig.gif
I told her no, and that it took the normal 21 days to hatch, then she looked at me like Who would by some silly contraption when you could just use a broody hen???(it was more like "Your crazy") But the funny part was when I asked her if she wanted a few chicks when they hatched, she told me straight up NO!
tongue.gif
. She says that chicks hatched from incubators never get broody, because a long time ago my dad brought her bator chicks that layed allot but they never went broody
rant.gif
I though about this then realized that they never went broody because they weren't a broody breed. It makes sense because breeds that don't go broody, their eggs are hatched in an incubator, then when they hatch, they grow up not being broody because it's in their genes. It's a funny coincidence really......I explained this to her, but "she knows everything" so I am wrong
roll.png
. I'm not trying to hate on old people because I love my grandma...........but they are just so stubborn sometimes.

I used to know everything. Now I am 49 and realize that I don't know much at all. My Dad is now 87, and I wish that I could know what he has known for years. The problem is that he is forgetting things now and he cannot teach as much. The pearls of wisdom are sometimes mixed with some old wise tales, but I still enjoy hearing what he knows.

Enjoy it while you can...one day you Grandchildren will think the samethings about you.

Dave

Yep I'm stubborn! But not so that I can't be corrected even by a younger. I may know way more than someone younger but I don't know everything.

Its the ones that think they know everything and won't admit it if they made a mistake that make me want to pull my hair out.
barnie.gif

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”
Mark Twain

Yes ...I remember having to deal with my Grandma's quirky ideals.
Ahhh... those were the days. But now I have a few quirky ideas of my own.
Must run in the genes...you think?
Or maybe its just what happens to all of us if we are fortunate to grow old.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom