Old people think they know everything.............

Yeah, old people can get your your nerves. Young people can get on your nerves. Screaming brats gets on you nerves. Endless dog barking can get on your nerves. A nasty rooster can get on your nerves. Punks in funked out cars can get on your nerves. Whiny wives gets on your nerves.

I put on the hip waders and muck on through these nervous people, and go my own way. And if I get on your nerves, tough. Here's a pair of hip waders I'll let you borrow.

I wouldn't say grandma is ignorant or stupid about poultry... she is saying this based on her own experience. The chicks she got long ago that came from a hatcher, didn't lay. I can understand where she got her logic. She just took her experience as the norm and left it at that. We all do that! Though.. she sounds a bit pig headed, but who isn't?

She may also get alot of enjoyment of watching the hen and chicks interact. I know I prefer my broody hens over a bater not to mention, it doesn't cost any ele to hatch eggs with a broody!!

Last edited:
Yeah, old people can get your your nerves. Young people can get on your nerves. Screaming brats gets on you nerves. Endless dog barking can get on your nerves. A nasty rooster can get on your nerves. Punks in funked out cars can get on your nerves. Whiny wives gets on your nerves.

I put on the hip waders and muck on through these nervous people, and go my own way. And if I get on your nerves, tough. Here's a pair of hip waders I'll let you borrow.

Sourland has a cold, and the Princess told me that whiny husbands get on her nerves.
hide.gif
Just sayin' - that's life, folks.

I bet gramma didn't have the internet or BYC where she could learn more about chickens. She knew what she knew God bless her.

I would give anything to have my DM, MIL GM back.

Just love your gramma listen to her and say you understand. She won't be here forever and you will miss her when she's gone.
hugs.gif

I would give anything for another hour with my grandmother. She has been gone ten years now and I miss her more everyday. She might not have known everything, but she was love.

lau.gif
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey, can i borrow them???????????

In the past I had some wise a-- kid tell me how stupid I and all my generation was. I politely informed him that my generation created the computer that led to what he used to play games. Shut him up real quick. He should have been using that computer as a learning tool.

old.gif

One thing us Ol' Folks will always have over the young'uns iis more experience..........

Age & treachery generally trumps youth & exhuberence............
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom