Oregon

It's going to be a busy week for me. Putting 7 eggs into lockdown tomorrow and then as soon as they're done hatching I'm putting a dozen more Serama eggs in there.

Yes! Thank you!!! I got it and was completely surprised. I just took a photo of it today too..had to show Rob =)
I didn't know who transported, but I think I love it even more because it was several people who helped to get it under the tree. Also, I'm one of those sneaky types who will look for, unwrap and re-wrap presents before Christmas...I haven't been able to do that with Scott, so it really was a surprise.

Yes! Thank you!!! I got it and was completely surprised. I just took a photo of it today too..had to show Rob =)
I didn't know who transported, but I think I love it even more because it was several people who helped to get it under the tree. Also, I'm one of those sneaky types who will look for, unwrap and re-wrap presents before Christmas...I haven't been able to do that with Scott, so it really was a surprise.

That's awesome. I told one of my co-workers that I had to stop at Rob's exit to pick up a pig to haul to Oregon City. I didn't tell him it was metal. He waited for me at Lakewood, WA to see this pig. He died laughing, but thought it was a cool idea. Glad it made it to ya.

LOL! My pig is almost famous!
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

FARWEST HATCHERY, just north of Salem, does a large hatch of many breeds every TUESDAY. I called today and was told they are presold until early April but if I want just a few chicks I can call them on late Wednesday afternoon buy the over hatch and come pick them up that same day. It seems lot less stressful that shipping so I am going to give it a go and thought I would pass on the info.

The reviews here on BYC, mostly complains about the communication, aren't great but I called and found the staff very helpful. I will post again after I get my chicks.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Oregonians! I am just outside Eugene. I am a newbie to the forum and raising chickens. We have 2 3week old Lohnmann browns named Chewbacca (avatar pic) and Bo Peep. 2 5week old black Sexlinks named Button and Chalupa Batman. I look forward to chatting and learning about local resources.

Hello fellow Oregonians! I am just outside Eugene. I am a newbie to the forum and raising chickens. We have 2 3week old Lohnmann browns named Chewbacca (avatar pic) and Bo Peep. 2 5week old black Sexlinks named Button and Chalupa Batman. I look forward to chatting and learning about local resources.
Welcome to the thread. Great people and great way to keep up with happenings.

Back
Top Bottom