Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

THank you very much! I marked the site and looked up cubalaya and he looks way more like that than anything else. I do know the guy has them too so an egg mix-up would account for that.

the tail and comb look like cubalaya but the color, even for a brown red is off, and it has yellow legs. maybe cubalaya cross?

the tail and comb look like cubalaya but the color, even for a brown red is off, and it has yellow legs. maybe cubalaya cross?
Most likely. He was wanting to see what an o shamo would look like crossed with something he had so I am pretty sure he isn't much for purity in a breed. I appreciate your help.

Do you think perhaps the guys Malgache are a strain of Ganoi? They're said to come both nakedneck and full feathered. Either way, I think he's a fine looking bird; if he's game I wouldn't care what he is if I liked him enough.

DT,

To the best of my knowledge and research, Ganoi do not and should not carry the naked neck gene. The difference is Ganoi are born with feathers folicles but some strains tend to loss them as they mature.

Just dont want folks to get confused.

DT,

To the best of my knowledge and research, Ganoi do not and should not carry the naked neck gene. The difference is Ganoi are born with feathers folicles but some strains tend to loss them as they mature.

Just dont want folks to get confused.

Maybe, I just heard from somewhere from a breeder that Ganoi occasionally came naked-necked? I believe Doc even mentions in his Malgache article they are the same thing (he believes)? I don't know Ganoi or Malgache so you maybe right, I have read information on both but they were never something I really looked deeply into. More of a Shamo and Brazilian guy, then it would be Malay and the Asil with Thai following closely behind Asil.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
The current convo sounds simular to an Am Staff owner/breeder and a Pit Bull owner/breeder. They may or may not be the same breed. It is the beauty of the animal to the owner/breeder that matters! Just an outside opinon

newaseel2.jpg

newaseel.jpg

newaseel1.jpg

My boy starts to get thicker in the past week.

chickletteSarge thank you for the complement.
No they are not related this one is a large aseel
The one you have are Sumatra, Sumatra with shamo background.

Gallo,

He looks healthy. Nice feather quality.
thumbsup.gif

Hard to tell much else with him moving around and all.

For conversation sake - He looks like he might have Thai or Ganoi in blood and Brazilian??

Back
Top Bottom