Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

For those interested in the Ko Shamo's. There is an initiative to have them recognized by the ABA/APA. Jeff Halbach the ABA prez has judged some and is favorable to them even with the requirement that they have split wings. The color would be Wheaten.

Walt
That is a move in the right direction.

Gallo~
Will has done well with his Ko. He has put them in a position to be maintained for a long time by combining lines. If you work with them you will have good birds and some that can compete in the feather show circuit.

Thanks Paulo. Does anyone know anything about the proposed US standard?

Its a work in progress but, as Walt mentioned, the first color being propose is going to be Wheaten. The Wheaten color is going to resemble that of the Old English Game standard.

If you shoot me a PM, with your email, I can send you the Japanese & UK standards which are being used as guidelines for the US standard.

Avian~

My friend, I do not take offense as there is no debate. If you feel you know of better birds in the states please, please post them.

Plus, I don’t see how folks are getting the wrong impression? Matter of fact, I am just trying to help highlight what good Ko should look like. In regard to the STATION, EYE COLOR, FEATHER TYPE, etc of a Ko. I have seen, birds labeled and tried to be sold as KO and it’s a darn shame.

I will add, the beauty of the Ko is that they can be bred, for the most part and to some degree, to anyone’s taste and likes….so long as the bird, fits within the standard of the homeland….well, that’s if you want to call them KO SHAMO!

I appreciate the kind comments regarding "PINTO" my spangled stag. But let me reiterate, the Spangled stag is out of a pair of inbred KO from Suzann's of Wheatens, definitely not Brantleys or this GA guy. I do not know this person out of GA you speak of. I can assure you Suzann's has NEVER acquired Ko from GA. BTW- Suzann's original imports also thru Blue Wheatens, Gingers, Blacks and Whites.

I can not take credit for Suzann’s line of birds as most of them are not far removed from her breedings. Suzann is a kind, generous and devoted breeder and her birds speak for themselves my friend! I feel blessed and grateful to have a few in my yard.

As I mention, I have and would be happy to send to anyone interested, a copy of the Ko standard from Japan and UK, as produced by Julia Keeling.

Cielo (Suzann's line):
Head & eye study-

Station study-

Pinto (Suzann's line):

The Varsity Show Squad (Suzann's line):

Back
Top Bottom