Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Quote: (Clobbering every male) This is what one breeds these guys for !!
This is the one i would keep !!
Upthecreek- I KNOW that. Which is the reason I posted "And it's perfectly normal for these guys, I don't have a problem with that in itself. But I picked 3 chicks that I thought were all females because I specifically didn't want another male."
I think it's kind of silly to keep him ONLY because he's aggressive, that is certainly not the only thing "one breeds these guys for". You would keep him for for aggressiveness only without any regards to other important aspects of the breed? I *have a male I'm keeping, I don't want another male and it'd be silly on my part to keep this one and grow him out for 18 months based only on the fact he's aggressive. I may be new to this particular thread but I know there's more to breeding Orientals than 'aggressiveness' or 'gameness' or whatever label you put on it.
I think this is where I add "IMO".

Yes, that's it. And it's perfectly normal for these guys, I don't have a problem with that in itself. But I picked 3 chicks that I thought were all females because I specifically didn't want another male. They're BBR spangled and the breast feathers were coming in brown/female. I'd bet money this one is *not a female though. He was fine with the Leghorn pullets in that group, but the boys? Not so much :) I'm not keeping the 2 females either since I want Shamo. I've never shipped chicks and don't want to start though.

Where in OK do you live? I'm going through on I40 3rd week in November.

Back
Top Bottom