Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Thought i would remind all of the Ko Shamo breeders out there that the PPBA show at Stockton will be a qualifying meet. We need you to enter and show your wheaton Ko's. Entries close on January 6th, the show is on the 25th and 26th. Heather Hayes will be judging. Entry forms are on the PPBA web site.How many of you plan on attending? Im taking a dozen or so.

The pair of Ko Shamo I am breeding from are not related. They came from different breeders. The pullet is right at a year old. I have them inside right now under lights and feeding them scratch mixed with laying crumbles. I only have the one pure Ko Shamo pullet right now I am trying my best to get her eggs to hatch. I have 2 other Ko Shamo cockerels that I am crossing with some Asil bantam x Modern Game pullets and I have some chicks from them already that I will cross back to the Ko Shamo rooster this spring. Those eggs from the Ko Shamo x Asil bantam Modern mix hatch great. I hatched them right beside the pure Ko Shamo eggs that would not hatch so I know it was not incubator setting.

weird how the crosses seem to b doin just fine but not the pure ko shamos.. mine are related but from a diff hatch and are right around a yr old aswell. also the one ko shamo mix hen that I was getting my eggs from died the other day from what im assuming was eggbound as she was 3/4 ko shamo x shamo lf and layed an almost full size egg despite being right around 2.5lbs

mark u gonna b letting any of those ko x asil bantams go? or any pure asil bantams? also got any pics of the crosses would love to compare since there bred fairly similar.
should have about 20 of the ko shamo/shamo mix hen x ko shamos hatchng any day now with 2 pure kos to hatch aswell.

Last edited:
weird how the crosses seem to b doin just fine but not the pure ko shamos.. mine are related but from a diff hatch and are right around a yr old aswell. also the one ko shamo mix hen that I was getting my eggs from died the other day from what im assuming was eggbound as she was 3/4 ko shamo x shamo lf and layed an almost full size egg despite being right around 2.5lbs

mark u gonna b letting any of those ko x asil bantams go? or any pure asil bantams? also got any pics of the crosses would love to compare since there bred fairly similar.
should have about 20 of the ko shamo/shamo mix hen x ko shamos hatchng any day now with 2 pure kos to hatch aswell.

I have 11 of the Ko Shamo x Asil bantam Modern mix chicks right now. 2 cockerels and 8 pullets. I am going to croos the pullets back to the Ko Shamo roosters this spring. They are 4 months old right now. I will most likely sell them next fall when I am done breeding from them. I don't have any picures of them right now but I will take some this week and post them. I swapped those Asil x Modern pullets today and put them in with a Ko Shamo x Tuzo cockerel. I put some different Asil bantams in with the Ko Shamo cockerel to breed to.

I'm not having any problems hatching Ko's and I'm not a great hatcher.

I hope you guys tell people what crosses you have made when you sell those crosses.

Walt

I always tell people if I sell a chicken to if it has been crossed with anything and what I have crossed it with. I also keep pure lines to. I do the crossing projects for fun to see what comes out of them or to produce a certain color or strain from them. But like I said I let people know when I sell these what they were crossed with and I sell them at cheaper prices because they are not pure bred.
Mark

no crosses will leave my property so no worrys about messin up the pure ones. just did the cross to see If I could get some eggs to hatch cuz the pure ko hens stopped layin right after I tried the first batch iin the bator. but the cross hen was still layn an egg a day so thought what the heck.

might be interested n a few of those ko x asil bantams if u decide to let any go

Last edited:
I just put 6 more eggs of the Ko Shamo Asil bantam mix in the incubator with the pure Ko Shamo eggs. I will see how they hatch this time. I am hoping to eventually get them to hatch. So far I am zero out of 8 eggs on the pure Ko Shamo. I have 3 that are suppose to hatch on 1/14. I have my fingers crossed on them.

goodluck on the hatch. I think im o for 6 with 2 or 3 due tom or next day. also have like 5+ whatever they lay next few days on deck. to go into the bator.

what colors r ur bantam asils?

goodluck on the hatch. I think im o for 6 with 2 or 3 due tom or next day. also have like 5+ whatever they lay next few days on deck. to go into the bator.

what colors r ur bantam asils?

the pullets are blue laced and dun laced . the Ko Shamo cockerel is wheaten. The Asil Rooster That I used for the 1st cross was a dark color over splash Modern Game pullets. I hawk got my Asil bantam rooster last month. They have been bad this winter. I have some Spangled Asil
bantams that I am going to cross with the Ko Shamos also.

Back
Top Bottom