Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

spangled are my absolute favorite. really really wanna get a pair or trio of spangled kos and bantam asil.

ive got 2 pairs of wheaten kos. 1 long and lean roo, 1 short and squatty roo, 1 very light wheaten hen, 1 very dark wheaten hen. both roos are still proportioned right despite being diff sizes

just seen some spangled ko pullets on the local clist that are pretty awesome looking, just cant afford what hes askn for them.atm.

anybody interested n those spangled pullets there on the fresno craiglist. they look very nice really wish I wasn't broke right now

Last edited:
I hope you have better hatch rate next time.

My Ko Shamo pullets started to lay at 4 1/2 months of age, and proved to be quite prolific producers of beautiful eggs which are very nice size for these tiny birds.

Last summer, I had two separate clutch of Ko Shamo, where one was hatched by a hen, and the latter by an incubator. Last week, two of the pullets hatched their own eggs. Tiny, adorable, very active chicks, and the hens are very devoted mothers. The stags took part in incubating the eggs.

Hatch rate was very high, and the eggs which did not hatch were clear without any development.

All my Ko Shamo are; Walt Leonard / fowlman01, birds.

Lual

Last edited:
spangled are my absolute favorite. really really wanna get a pair or trio of spangled kos and bantam asil.

ive got 2 pairs of wheaten kos. 1 long and lean roo, 1 short and squatty roo, 1 very light wheaten hen, 1 very dark wheaten hen. both roos are still proportioned right despite being diff sizes

just seen some spangled ko pullets on the local clist that are pretty awesome looking, just cant afford what hes askn for them.atm.

anybody interested n those spangled pullets there on the fresno craiglist. they look very nice really wish I wasn't broke right now

A few things stand out of those spangled birds being sold as Ko Shamo that do not look Ko Shamo to me from the photos. Better of seeing them in person!!!

im assuming there mixed. but isnt everything that isn't wheaten?

also I believe mine are from Suzann chung's line. well that's who the guy said he got his from anyways

Last edited:
im assuming there mixed.    but isnt everything that isn't wheaten?

also I believe mine are from Suzann chung's line. well that's  who the guy said he got his from anyways

Not always. I've seen, in person, a nice pair of Wheatens throw black, crow wings, pumpkin, white, blue wheaten, and wheaten. Ko's are something else. I can't wait for the qualifier at PPBA! Bring your Ko's!!

im curious what crow wing means aswell cudakid.

so I could possibly get other colors out of my wheatens? I was told id get all wheatens. also I remember the guy I got mine from had maybe 20 something pairs oout of his breeders and all were wheaten. idk im pretty new to chickens in general. I was just assuming they were mixed cuz they look fairly tall for 4 months oldif using the wire cage as size reference. still wouldn't mind havin them tho.

weres the ppba? have never shown fowl before so not sure what id have to do?

Do you remember who you got them from? Most of us that have them know who has what and where they came from.
The PPBA is the Pacific Poultry Breeders Association, they put on a show at Stockton the end of January every year. It is a great group of people, you can find the show info on their web site.

not sure of his last name. first name I believe was Hung and he was in the pleasanton/Dublin area. was a nice dude. If I can find my camera cord ill take a couple pics.

wow that's pretty close to me. only 45mins away. might have to give it a go if I don't have to work.

Back
Top Bottom