Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

LOL beauty to me... I love the look of the eye... forget the dog, Beware the Raptorsaurus in the yard.

I think the Madagascar AKA Malgache is bigger then the Ga Noi from what I can tell, (like the net tells the truth... but it seems the bigger numbers are associated with them rather than the VN birds). There are also several lines of game fowl from North & South America and an Indian one too with these NN traits, tripped over them on the net too. I bet if you had one these running around the yard everyone would think it was a mad science experiment and not try and sell you stuff on your porch, mail man might not deliver the mail though too. :lau   

Is there Ga Noi in your country?

Speaking of dino chickens I just found that there's wingless chickens that breed true imagine the dino you could create! Wingless and featherless upright walking huge chickens sounds doable to me

Honestly I am unsure on the VN Ga Noi... but I would not be surprised, there is a huge VN community in my area in the USA. I found the Madagascar advertised... the question is are they actually birds that trace back to those countries or are they re-created breeds? I honestly don't know, just sort of discovered these breeds looking up other breeds, the info seemed to be USA based.
idunno.gif

Is there Ga Noi in your country?

Malay or aussie or ga noi x wingless x featherless = 3 foot tall dono bird
smile.png
Oh wow! Wingless birds... Muh Wah Hah science time!

I went hunting for this breed out of shear shock, seems it has been done several times 2 times in USA and maybe once in S. America... can't find a source to buy 'em at.

So breed down the wings, egg production also goes up it seems once the wings are nubs.

Last edited:
Oh wow! Wingless birds... Muh Wah Hah science time!

I went hunting for this breed out of shear shock, seems it has been done several times 2 times in USA and maybe once in S. America... can't find a source to buy 'em at.

So breed down the wings, egg production also goes up it seems once the wings are nubs.
imagine the body of the aussies the head of a ga noi completely featherless and wingless that's a dinosour we may be on to something here time to hunt for some breeding stock just call me john hamon lmao ( jurasic park )

Last edited:
imagine the body of the aussies the head of a ga noi completely featherless and wingless that's a dinosour we may be on to something here time to hunt for some breeding stock just call me john hamon lmao ( jurasic park )
LOL... now would are super dino chicken need a tail? Should we consider Rumpless? LOL I sort of like them with tails but tailess could make them even more dino. Chicken land racing? LOL a new sport.

A micro project would be good... serriously I keep tripping over big weights for certain breeds.

13 lb Cocks for Jersey Giants
12 lb Cocks Brahmas

But I would think you would be lucky to get 9 to 9.5 on a game cock... but I found a SOP for these Madagascar that said 12 lbs (seems high to me too)... but a worthy goal! LOL

Another great head shot:

This is the neck & head of a Vietnam Ga Noi Don, also referred as GaNoi. The Madagascar skin is naked but not as thick as the GaNoi. 2 decades ago, in VN there were plenty GaNoi of 3.5-4 kilogram. Nowaday, the popular weights goes down to 3-3.3 kilo. favoring speed and style. In US, many folks had imported GaNoi from Vietnam but the majority cockers had bought them and crossed with other breeds such as Thai, Pama, Aseel and here we now have a crossbreed called Saigon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom