Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

The guy must have lied to you then. Here is the same picture I just got off the web. It is the same bird. An Akasasa Satsumadori bred by Mr. Sakamoto from Japan..
Looking at the video all the streamers are there and the station but he didn't spread his tail. Though it looks as if he was trying to get him to do something. Note: the Satsumadori is not an original breed, simply a cross between shamo and Yokohama/Shokoku lines of Japan. And my flock consist of both lines, so worse case the Yokohama stag is his sir not the Asil though not likely but possibly so. They say hens hold eggs not sure how long but if that is true the only way to have a clean hatch is to quarantine your hens.

Last edited:
His brother

So pretty!

The grey family of American Gamefowl that I picked up a while back turned out having really good qualities, and are dead game as it were. I don't like straight combed fowl, so I had the grey hen with my larger red asil stag. I'm looking to have higher stationed American Gamefowl with pea combs. She's laid five eggs so far, but I never quarantined her, so it's up in the air, but I'm happy either way.

The grey family of American Gamefowl that I picked up a while back turned out having really good qualities, and are dead game as it were. I don't like straight combed fowl, so I had the grey hen with my larger red asil stag. I'm looking to have higher stationed American Gamefowl with pea combs. She's laid five eggs so far, but I never quarantined her, so it's up in the air, but I'm happy either way.
Never crossed with the grey line, but I'm picking up a grey mixed hen this weekend so I will be crossing with my Saipan

Looking at the video all the streamers are there and the station but he didn't spread his tail. Though it looks as if he was trying to get him to do something.
Note: the Satsumadori is not an original breed, simply a cross between shamo and Yokohama/Shokoku lines of Japan. And my flock consist of both lines, so worse case the Yokohama stag is his sir not the Asil though not likely but possibly so. They say hens hold eggs not sure how long but if that is true the only way to have a clean hatch is to quarantine your hens.
can you post some of your females.

Back
Top Bottom