Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

THe guy says he has cubalayas as well. He could have gotten the eggs mixed I suppose. Are cubas normally aggressive toward other males? The guy came by some time back and saw them and told me that that one would kill every male I had....even my o shamo.

well, cubas do tend to be more aggressive than your typical layers, but not game at all, and def. not something to put up against a shamo. Guess he could just be a fighting cross, very pretty bird anyhow.

Maybe I will try letting him loose again this coming weekend when I can stand watch and see. I have recently removed the head cock and now there are some shufflings to see who is taking his spot so it may have only been a normal matchup but I don't want him to kill my fluffy chickens! LOL He is quite nice looking. I didn't think he was the same as her...the leg coloration as well as the eye coloration was different. The heads looked to be different too.

These were pics of them at a younger age earlier this summer.

Do you think perhaps the guys Malgache are a strain of Ganoi? They're said to come both nakedneck and full feathered. Either way, I think he's a fine looking bird; if he's game I wouldn't care what he is if I liked him enough.

Last edited:
Do you think perhaps the guys Malgache are a strain of Ganoi? They're said to come both nakedneck and full feathered. Either way, I think he's a fine looking bird; if he's game I wouldn't care what he is if I liked him enough.

I don't know but he did tell me when I said that one of the two that hatched was feathered, that they come both ways. I have not been to see his birds yet but I willsee if I can soon. He said turken but when I questioned that since he was saying they are game he said "well actually they are malgache but some call them madagascar." I was just puzzled by the, to me, noticeable differences in the heads...but I am unexperienced enough to not know if it is a hen/cock difference or a different breed difference!

I'll try to post a link, but I doubt it will work here.  If not, there is some good information on the breed at the UFF Wiki.  BTW, I'm not trying to break the forum rules, just trying to offer information.

http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Madagascar
THank you very much! I marked the site and looked up cubalaya and he looks way more like that than anything else. I do know the guy has them too so an egg mix-up would account for that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom