Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Updated pictures of my O Shamo trio, breed by Suzann. I am very excited to have these in my yard and look forward to working with them in the years to come.

There is no flock co-habitating with these girls.
smile.png
Perhaps when Rex matures out he can figure out how to maintain the peace but for now he seems to know better than to get involved.

I live in Northern Thailand and here are a few of my birds. Are they a recognised breed? They are the normal chicken everyone keeps around here in the villages.
The all get on fine free ranging and no fighting each other. They eat what they can find free ranging, and also get left over food from our meals, and dry unhusked rice in the evening to get them to come in and sleep under their bamboo baskets.
The man in charge or them all!

Him and his lady friends.

They get the left over food and scraps from the (rustic) kitchen, but never get 'real' chicken food and still do really well.

Beautiful and clean place you have there friend. I love the wide open, rustic, feel and smell of open air kitchens! Makes me miss my backpacking years. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Updated pictures of my O Shamo trio, breed by Suzann. I am very excited to have these in my yard and look forward to working with them in the years to come.

There is no flock co-habitating with these girls.
smile.png
Perhaps when Rex matures out he can figure out how to maintain the peace but for now he seems to know better than to get involved.

Very nice Trio Paulo...how big do the stag and hens get? Thanks

5 month pullet, lol. Glad to see she's doing well for you so far. Now you have to let her get adjusted to her new home. She typically keeps her tail quite low when she's calm. Wait until she fills out next year, she will be a lovely lady.

Very nice Trio Paulo...how big do the stag and hens get? Thanks

BIG! LOL...
Suzann's has a very unique line of Mrs. Keelings O-Shamo, which were originally imported from Japan. Regarding weight, I have not take the Stag's weight as he has not hit the one year mark. This line of O Shamo cocks should be easily 9lbs plus at full developement. (Walt (Fowlman), has been raising them longer than I have and probably has more accurate weights.) Regarding height, today he is about 32".

The hens, IMO, are just as impressive...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom