Partridge Olive Egger

I just received 2 partridge OEs from MPC yesterday morning in a mixed order of 7. So far one of them is the sweetest friendliest chick and runs to my hand to snuggle, the other is indifferent. They are definitely individuals! Both are gorgeous and adorable of course.

That's great to hear! Please keep us updated. I'm getting mine (only one) on May 2 or 3. I'm so excited, I'm also getting a lavender orpington, favaucauna, Swedish flower hen, and cream legbar. I'm really shooting for a colorful basket of eggs, and sweet temperments. I'll post pics when I get them. I have four girls now who are almost 2 yrs, and was just reading about the best way to integrate them when the babies are older. I can tell I'm turning into a crazy chicken lady! lol

I got one from MPC,she is 2 weeks old tomorrow. I took this photo this afternoon.

She is just adorable!

It could be their breeding program which is under wraps, but mine look a little different. They are six days old now. The pics aren't that good, but one is the partridge OE and the other is a speckled sussex. I just can't tell which is which.

. Any ideas?

That was very helpful. Thank you! The chick on the bottom is the speckled sussex. The OE actually has olive looking legs. MPC wouldn't give away their breeding secrets but he did tell me it involved Welsummers and Cream Legbars. Mine looks quite a bit different than Ajahartman's.

Meet Olivia. Here she is at 19 days old. I love her little top knot. So far, she's not super sweet, a little skittish, but I hope that changes as she gets older. Notice her olive colored legs.
WP_20170519_007.jpg

We named ours Yoda. She is 27 days old. Does her top knot mean she will have a fluffy head?

Attachments

• 20170521_064522.jpg
    20170521_064522.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20170520_213118.jpg
    20170520_213118.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 46
Oh, she's so cute! I hope they will have fluffy heads. You'll have to keep us posted as she grows, and I will, too. Yoda has a lot of yellow on her face. Olivia doesn't, so who knows what the mix is. I can't wait for my babies to go into the big girl coop. It's getting a little crowded in the dog crate now that they have tripled in size. :)

Back
Top Bottom