Hi Everybody, sorry for the absence, but wildlife kept wiping out my flock. So it's been a while since I had chickens, but this month I got 6 hens. Nothing special just brown laying hens. Amazed at how docile they are. I am keeping them in the coop and pen indefinitely now. I have had enough grief with all the wildlife around here, it's got to stop! There is no other way to keep them safe.

Sorry to hear about all your losses, I'm glad you're giving it another go, however. Hope this round will bring you lots of joy and success

Hey, it's been a while.
I hope everyone is good?
Here it's wonderful but busy with our almost 2 year old:D
We stil have our 2 Dutchies and are expanding with 2 birds this week🥳
20231010_171341.jpg

Hi Everybody, sorry for the absence, but wildlife kept wiping out my flock. So it's been a while since I had chickens, but this month I got 6 hens. Nothing special just brown laying hens. Amazed at how docile they are. I am keeping them in the coop and pen indefinitely now. I have had enough grief with all the wildlife around here, it's got to stop! There is no other way to keep them safe.

welcome back! sorry for your loss and good luck with your new flock.

:hugsSorry for all the losses….I had too many over the last couple of years too. But still have 6 hens and a chick since easter.
Great to have you back.

Hey, it's been a while.
I hope everyone is good?
Here it's wonderful but busy with our almost 2 year old:D
We stil have our 2 Dutchies and are expanding with 2 birds this week🥳View attachment 3814599
Nice to ‘see’ you again on this thread too. And great to see your lovely daughter with one of your Dutch bantams!

And to see your 2 new birds. They are beautiful. 😍 How did you get them? Flock sisters? Are they both point of lay?

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

Im back from my vacation and made a few photos of my latest newcomer Tintin with his 2 mothers. He’s doing great. Jumps on anything in the coop/run up to 80 cm high.

The other hens seem to accept him completely, except for Ini mini. It seems she is becoming a grumpy grandmother and chases him away if he comes too near.

Back
Top Bottom