Pics
Welcome @Applesandlemons !

I know I am romanticizing, but I envy all of you in the nice sunny regions with lovely fruit trees and gardens and all. Of course it takes a lot of hard work, but it just seems very tempting to move south.

Today's (actually much needed) rain turned my WHITE faverolles into this

35215268qr.jpg

35215269fj.jpg

35215270jf.jpg

I know the rooster is to blame for part of it, but I have no idea how she did this.

that is a winter edition of my hens as well. my bearded breeds look like that when scratching and pecking mud or drinking water from puddles.

We've had high/severe winds and rain for almost 2 weeks now. As long as we get a nice spring/summer, I can deal with that. If not, I will be complaining in September. ;)

Spring starts in a couple of days, I hope it finds all of us in Europe!

Oh so we are lucky here with the weather, it has been sunny with a bit of wind for a couple of weeks now. It will be terrible if it turns back to cold since we are so ready for spring and summer after these few weeks.

I went to my new place today. a neighbor gave me some 15 pomegranate seedlings and I planted them. I enjoyed sunshine and a fabulous view of spring green land around.

my place is the last plot in the village so it is very quiet but still close to people.
It is gorgeous! Perfect sitiuation - our last 2 French houses were like that on the edge of the village with great views but still in the village. Now were are in a little group of houses just outside the village but close enough the kids can bike to the shop / pool etc. So you said you aren't living there yet or am I getting confused?

The sun is out :ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:yahonestly I'm hopeless with the grey - loose all motivation so all excited to get out in the garden / get washing hung and start on my spring cleaning! Would like to be sorted before I start work on the 1st April, looks like the weather will be pretty good too with only the odd day of rain.

Back
Top Bottom