Pics
Hi! :frow I'm from the illusive and distant northern part of Europe called Norway. Living in snow half the year makes us a little odd, but we're generally sorta nice, if you manage to get us talking. (Pro tip for starting a conversation with a Norwegian: talk about the weather. It tend to be a lengthy topic.)

Living between the ocean and a forest called Sweden, we're sheltered from a lot of diseases and problems. For instance, salmonella is not an issue in small poultry population. We have strict rules for import of animals, so our poultry population is mostly bred within the country (inbreeding, so much inbreeding!). I for one have a dream to import brown Muscovy ducks someday, a color that does not exist here.

the same for us! we heard that they don't even get proper snow most years, just months of slush thanks to the NAD. Bryggen is really special - I've never been on wooden streets before - so being waterlogged has its advantages!

Hi! :frow I'm from the illusive and distant northern part of Europe called Norway. Living in snow half the year makes us a little odd, but we're generally sorta nice, if you manage to get us talking. (Pro tip for starting a conversation with a Norwegian: talk about the weather. It tend to be a lengthy topic.)

Living between the ocean and a forest called Sweden, we're sheltered from a lot of diseases and problems. For instance, salmonella is not an issue in small poultry population. We have strict rules for import of animals, so our poultry population is mostly bred within the country (inbreeding, so much inbreeding!). I for one have a dream to import brown Muscovy ducks someday, a color that does not exist here.
Norway is great, I've been a few times. I did chuckle when you mentioned the weather, here in England we are the same, its probably the no1 topic. If its hot it's to hot, if its cold it's to cold, if its raining it to wet and if its windy it to windy.

Norway is great, I've been a few times. I did chuckle when you mentioned the weather, here in England we are the same, its probably the no1 topic. If its hot it's to hot, if its cold it's to cold, if its raining it to wet and if its windy it to windy.

Ah, yes! I've endured 4 months of "how much snow do you have?" and have now entered "it's snowing in May! It's never snowed in May before!" (spoiler alert; it has always snowed in May. Every year.) Then we'll go straight to "it's too hot! If I wanted it this hot, I'd move to Sahara!" and then right back to snow again. :gig

smuggle the eggs from russia, lol.

This was my first idea but I was told it takes some time (several weeks) and there are a few problems:

a/ Finding a suitable sunny area that is raised (because of insects) and not accessible to the dogs (because free buffet!)
b/ Having to bring them in at night (because of dew) - we can't do this consistently as we don't get back until late several days a week

If you have experience and suggestions I'm all ears!
You need to build a fruit drying cabinet.

Believe me, I HAVE thought of it! Well, Denmark or Sweden. Russia scares me. Haha! But the reasoning behind the strict rules are sound, so I'll be a good law abiding citizen. ;)

a friend of mine got the eggs from moldavia. his friend's mother smuggled them as she travelled by bus.

muscovie ducks are healthy birds.

Back
Top Bottom