Pics
The products you can get in Europe differ from the US products.
This article might help people in Europe with worming.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/flubendazole-worming-dosages.75090/

Thanks! Been looking for a functional de-wormer. None of the sellers of the poultry feed you linked to ships to my country. I found this product, it's for fish and contains flubendazol. Can I risk using it??? It's for pouring in the water, so the fish would ingest it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NT-Labs-Fl...endazole&qid=1561054279&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-2

Thanks! Been looking for a functional de-wormer. None of the sellers of the poultry feed you linked to ships to my country. I found this product, it's for fish and contains flubendazol. Can I risk using it??? It's for pouring in the water, so the fish would ingest it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NT-Labs-Fl...endazole&qid=1561054279&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-2
I honestly don't know. It depends on what other ingredients are in the product.
If I couldn't find an alternative I probably would use it assuming any other compounds are harmless packing compounds.
People do use fish orientated products on chickens.

I honestly don't know. It depends on what other ingredients are in the product.
If I couldn't find an alternative I probably would use it assuming any other compounds are harmless packing compounds.
People do use fish orientated products on chickens.

It says flubendazol is the only active ingredient, so I assume the rest is water and some safe additives. I'm gonna buy it and try a teeny tiny dose and see what happens... If I get it through customs. Haha!

It says flubendazol is the only active ingredient, so I assume the rest is water and some safe additives. I'm gonna buy it and try a teeny tiny dose and see what happens... If I get it through customs. Haha!

don't try a tiny dose as the next time you use it it might not work. you can try it on 1 chicken first.

if it is safe for fish it should be safe for chickens as well. they are tough. I sometimes use wormers for pigs, sheep, goats, etc. and usually I use wormers for dogs. chickens need somewhat higher dose than dogs. it seems that the pills I give them don't stay long enough in their stomach to do the job. liquid wormes are easier absorbed.

I would go with @chickengr All you need to do is the conversion from milliliters to grams to work out the proper dose and match that to the info in the article you kindly reviewed.
The Flubenvet I get here is for pigs.:)

don't try a tiny dose as the next time you use it it might not work. you can try it on 1 chicken first.

if it is safe for fish it should be safe for chickens as well. they are tough. I sometimes use wormers for pigs, sheep, goats, etc. and usually I use wormers for dogs. chickens need somewhat higher dose than dogs. it seems that the pills I give them don't stay long enough in their stomach to do the job. liquid wormes are easier absorbed.

Thanks! Good point with the length of the gastrointestical tract being shorter on chickens.

Back
Top Bottom