:ya:frowAbpatchy, I was afraid you were still digging trenches to let the rainwater flow to the sewer. :confused:

I wished you could get some water from here Chickengr.

Yes, this summer weather is really strange. But I think it’s partly weird bc were not allowed to go away for a normal vacation. We had more rain and more cold days as in other summers but it was not too bad.

A village really close (like 25 km from here) had extreme weather, with a falling windthat damaged a whole street. Other places had hail as big as golfballs, and rain turning streets into rivers like we saw on TV from some towns in Germany.

In the meantime the 2 mothers Black&Pearl are no longer real broodies. They stopped giving treats to the chicks but still walk together if they free range. My boy Kwik turns out to be a bad guy/ not a nice guy anyway. He’s trying to be the boss already over the adult hens only 10 weeks old. And he’s harassing his sisters when he gets bored. Too much testosterone already.

I hope the hens will find a way to handle him.

:ya:frowAbpatchy, I was afraid you were still digging trenches to let the rainwater flow to the sewer. :confused:

I wished you could get some water from here Chickengr.

Yes, this summer weather is really strange. But I think it’s partly weird bc were not allowed to go away for a normal vacation. We had more rain and more cold days as in other summers but it was not too bad.

A village really close (like 25 km from here) had extreme weather, with a falling windthat damaged a whole street. Other places had hail as big as golfballs, and rain turning streets into rivers like we saw on TV from some towns in Germany.

In the meantime the 2 mothers Black&Pearl are no longer real broodies. They stopped giving treats to the chicks but still walk together if they free range. My boy Kwik turns out to be a bad guy/ not a nice guy anyway. He’s trying to be the boss already over the adult hens only 10 weeks old. And he’s harassing his sisters when he gets bored. Too much testosterone already.

I hope the hens will find a way to handle him.
:lau´ I was about to!! Good thing we live upstairs. hahaha We did not get any hail.. we were very lucky!

Well, your little rooster is not bad, he is just a rooster. And he is the only one. If you would have an adult rooster he would be good as gold! But he feels like he has to fill the shoes. Give him time! The adult hens will teach him that he is to big for his britches right now.

Last edited:
Toos had a adventure. She ascacaped wednesday afternoon, don't know for sure how. Am going to better were I think she went through.
She was away for a good 28 hours. Heard her a copple of times, but couldn't narrow down from where or the neighbours weren't home.
Thursday me and DH had to work but when DH was off from work he tried another search round. He found her!
He took her imedeatly to the vet, becouse she is limping.
She doesn't put weight on her right foot but otherwise she is fine.
They keep you busy

Toos had a adventure. She ascacaped wednesday afternoon, don't know for sure how. Am going to better were I think she went through.
She was away for a good 28 hours. Heard her a copple of times, but couldn't narrow down from where or the neighbours weren't home.
Thursday me and DH had to work but when DH was off from work he tried another search round. He found her!
He took her imedeatly to the vet, becouse she is limping.
She doesn't put weight on her right foot but otherwise she is fine.
They keep you busy
Hope Toos gets well soon. Did the vet know what was wrong?

21E513BA-0E12-47C4-8797-156BADC3197D.jpeg

The chicks outgrow their mothers. Kwik is definitely larger as my Dutch.

@BDutch I have large RIR and they just started crowing the other day, one is attempting to mate the adult hens... unsuccessfully. They are a bit older than yours.
Iay be getting frizzle chicks today! If they have hatched...
And one of my little pheasants escape the cage, so I don't know how to find it now.. he could easily escape the fence and if he has done this no chance to find it in the wild...

Yes I am in Surrey in the UK and find a lot of the US stuff doesn't apply to me - though it is still interesting to read. For instance we are advised in Britain that we should not feed kitchen scraps to chickens.
Yes. I find the same thing. The majority of members here are from America.
Hello from Hertfordshire👋

Back
Top Bottom