You don’t want Broodies?
I want, and I have put eggs under both of them, except my other two winter broodies dumped the chicks to me after 3 weeks and now I have to take care of little chicks in -10C. I would prefer that they are broody in the spring/summer when it is easier to take care of abandoned little chicks.

How do frizzles cope in the cold?
Very well. The boy is out and around and actively mating. The girl started laying yesterday, she laid her 2nd egg today...again - with 20cm of snow. These are my first frizzle chicken, so I don't have much experience. |And I have sold the frizzle rooster, the buyer will collect him next week, so I will be left with a frizzle hen only|

Very well. The boy is out and around and actively mating. The girl started laying yesterday, she laid her 2nd egg today...again - with 20cm of snow. These are my first frizzle chicken, so I don't have much experience. |And I have sold the frizzle rooster, the buyer will collect him next week, so I will be left with a frizzle hen only|
That's good to hear! Because I really like frizzles...

At least 3 weeks after the frizzle rooster left you home, the eggs of the frizzle hen will still be viable as hatching eggs 😉
Thank you. I read that you only need one frizzle parent to produce frizzle chicks. Otherwise with 2 frizzle parents something messes up the genes and the chicks die. I have a mixed breeds flock anyway and will see what happens when I start hatching these eggs.

Thank you. I read that you only need one frizzle parent to produce frizzle chicks. Otherwise with 2 frizzle parents something messes up the genes and the chicks die. I have a mixed breeds flock anyway and will see what happens when I start hatching these eggs.
I don't think they have to die. But you will make frazzles. I *might* have to got a frizzle soon:p

Back
Top Bottom