This morning when I went to the chickens.. all my birds in the rooster pen had been stolen. I called the police... the thieves hat cut a hole in the chainlink fence and then just took them. It's not locked just closed. I doubt that I will see them again or that they will find the person responsible for this. I did notice a black Mercedes lurking in front of the club house... he drove off very slowly and even backed up once... I didn't see the license plate. But I had a bad felling then. I am so mad, sad and everything in between!
I'm so sorry! Stupid question but why would people steal chickens? Like I know they were show quailty but anyway.

I'm so sorry! Stupid question but why would people steal chickens? Like I know they were show quailty but anyway.
Yes... show quality chickens... to eat? I don't know. But it has happened relatively often lately. I don't know maybe different breeders... or taking them into countries where you can't get them. I really don't know.

I have chickens: pekin (cochin bantam), silkies, white leghorns (will sell them), rumpless araucanas, 2 naked necks and 1 australorp. just got 1+2 pekin ducklings. I had different coturnix as well but sold some and sent the rest to a friend who keeps them. I had no safe place for them outside (rats) and keeping them inside was a nightmare.
Ooh ducks! What do your Silkies look like??

That's fair enough

Back
Top Bottom