Does anyone here have experience ordering hatching eggs from eBay.de to a country outside of Germany? Or, say, eggs from the Netherlands to another country in EU? I’m thinking the hatch rates probably can’t be worse than the eggs I’m ordering shipped from only 2 hours away from my home in Poland (lately 30% or less…) The only difference is the steep price increase compared to the eggs here.

My last three orders from various breeders here in Poland have left a pretty bad taste in my mouth - awful packing, sending tiny pullet eggs or huge double yolk eggs so no quality control, and one straight up scam lol
I never used shipped eggs, but transport does decrease the hatch rate for sure. Carefully packed eggs really is a must. And people say leaving them to rest 24 h after arrival is important too.

OMG @chickengr I just noticed you're also in Greece! Yeah, snow was pretty terrible for some parts of Greece, I don't know exactly where you live, but hope you and your poultry are well. Where I am it was mostly the cold that got me, snow melted in less than a week here. This might be a lot to ask of you, but since you seem to have a lot of poultry, and quite rare breeds might I add, could you please tell me where you found your chickens? Hope things get even better for you soon, spring is coming and soon so will summer, aka the best time to be in Greece!

I am near oinofyta.

I have a few friends that have rare breeds. you can pm me for more information.

where do you live? I don't have internet yet so I cannot read all the posts at the moment.

I can't believe I did it. I ordered hatching eggs from Augsburger chicken breed. I am getting 38 eggs I think. I know the breeder and I have had my eye on them for a while.
Hopefully they survive the shipping and that a good amount of them hatch. Normally I would pick up hatching eggs....but she does live 4 hours away from me.

I am near oinofyta.

where do you live? I don't have internet yet so I cannot read all the posts at the moment.

My country/summer house is around the area. I've tried a couple popular farms like farma pateras (I did receive some ok birds from them) and farma palatia (which ended up terribly, I lost all the chicks)

I can't believe I did it. I ordered hatching eggs from Augsburger chicken breed. I am getting 38 eggs I think. I know the breeder and I have had my eye on them for a while.
Hopefully they survive the shipping and that a good amount of them hatch. Normally I would pick up hatching eggs....but she does live 4 hours away from me.

Congratulations.... I keep my fingers crossed ☺️

OMG @chickengr I just noticed you're also in Greece! Yeah, snow was pretty terrible for some parts of Greece, I don't know exactly where you live, but hope you and your poultry are well. Where I am it was mostly the cold that got me, snow melted in less than a week here. This might be a lot to ask of you, but since you seem to have a lot of poultry, and quite rare breeds might I add, could you please tell me where you found your chickens? Hope things get even better for you soon, spring is coming and soon so will summer, aka the best time to be in Greece!

I am near oinofyta.

My country/summer house is around the area. I've tried a couple popular farms like farma pateras (I did receive some ok birds from them) and farma palatia (which ended up terribly, I lost all the chicks)

I have good experience with farma palatia. how did you loose your chicks?

I am near oinofyta.

I have good experience with farma palatia. how did you loose your chicks?

All the signs pointed to mycoplasma, but when the last chick died it did some very weird neck movements and fluttered around which is not like mycoplasma at all. What birds did you get from them?

Well done, let us know how it goes! I think this year I'm going to try to hatch eggs ordered by mail for the first time. I found some breeds I was searching for, I like how the breeder keeps his birds, I just have to wait for some hen to go broody. How much does it cost (approximately) a fertilized egg from a breeder in Germany? They asked me 3 euro/egg, is this too much?

Well done, let us know how it goes! I think this year I'm going to try to hatch eggs ordered by mail for the first time. I found some breeds I was searching for, I like how the breeder keeps his birds, I just have to wait for some hen to go broody. How much does it cost (approximately) a fertilized egg from a breeder in Germany? They asked me 3 euro/egg, is this too much?

Ugh I've been eyeing some aseel eggs on ebay, but I'm not gonna do it because I know I'll get disappointed. Good luck to yall!

All the signs pointed to mycoplasma, but when the last chick died it did some very weird neck movements and fluttered around which is not like mycoplasma at all. What birds did you get from them?

british araucana, rumpless araucana, greek crested, lakedanzi, silkie, bresse, holland, etc.

maybe shipping caused problems for your chicks? I picked mine up and arrived within few hours.

Back
Top Bottom