Omg where did you find aseel?! I couldn't find any here, and I'm still desperate for a hen. @chickengr might know of some aseel sellers here, but I haven't found any (there are some, although I don't know where to find them due to their situation let's say, that have aseel, but they fight their birds and I don't want to get involved with that) so now my only option is to get hatching eggs from ebay, but they'd come all the way from the UK, and they're SUPER expensive, and since they're eggs I might get duped
Oh I found it in an Italian forum about farming. I was banned from that forum (oops!) years ago and I can't write on it anymore, but I can still see the ads wall. There's also a big list of breeders. The forum isn't really active anymore, but you can find some good breeders there. There are 3 Aseel breeders available, but I'm not sure if they all still exist.
I would buy hatching eggs on ebay only if they were super cheap, from the UK it's a long trip!

Oh I found it in an Italian forum about farming. I was banned from that forum (oops!) years ago and I can't write on it anymore, but I can still see the ads wall. There's also a big list of breeders. The forum isn't really active anymore, but you can find some good breeders there. There are 3 Aseel breeders available, but I'm not sure if they all still exist.
I would buy hatching eggs on ebay only if they were super cheap, from the UK it's a long trip!

Exactly, I don't think it would be wise to get those eggs. Maybe from ebay.de?

You could also try the German club linked by abpatchy, I didn't know Aseel were so hard to find. The breeds I was searching for are rare and expensive in Italy, but nothing compared to Aseel!

I looked at the link, from what I've gathered, (I don't know German so I can't understand much) they breed other types of aseel than me, mostly smaller varieties which my rooster would squash during mounting. They do breed shamo, so I would be interested in those, but again, I don't know if/how they sell eggs, because I can't understand the language

it's a specialty club for different game fowl like asil or ko shamo etc. Since there are so few breeders they have different breeds in one club.

Not surprised. Aseel are rare and their breeders even more so. (Un)fortunately it seems they breed for show, and most aseel types have smaller show lines. So the only breeds I would look into would be shamo first and then maybe satsumadori

Yup, aseel are very expensive and hard to find, but so worth it!
Shamo are more common here, they're still expensive, but at least they exist! Tomorrow I check if I can find someone who sells egg to ship. From Italy it wouldn't be a long trip, but mail service REALLY sucks here, I'm not sure if it would be better than from the UK, ahah!
About my hen: I don't know, I thought everything was fine except for her feathers, but in the last 3 days she pooped her egg in the night while she was on the roost! What does that mean? This never happened to me before!

Back
Top Bottom