Pekin Duck Club!

Here is my big boy Jeffery!!!
IMG_20180707_163137.jpg

I would try to get another drake if you only plan on having 2. One drake could literally mate 1 female to death. They need 3-4 females to keep them busy. Get another drake as close to the same size as Jax as possible. Gradually introduce them we're they're about the same size. They should just see each other for a while first before any direct contact.
IMG_20170628_224529354.jpg

If you go to the feed store, you can buy something called poultry dust. And is specific for treating birds for lice and mites. I would clean out their bedding and spray the area with neem oil and hot water.

Put the poultry dust in a bag. Then put each bird in it feet first and close it by the neck and shake the bag a little. That way you or the bird won’t breathe it in.
brilliant application method! It's like shake-n-bake without the bake! :lau

How do you guys tell the difference between your Pekins if you have more than one? Because I’m just calling them “hey, you” and I feel like a bad duck mom.
You're not a bad duck mom! I'm having a hard time too - and I have a male and female! If they're facing me - bill color. If they're sideways - drake feather. From behind - the female is rounder. but when they are both just sitting under a shrub, I have no idea! That's when I roll call all of their names together ;)

Back
Top Bottom