Pekin Duck Club!

8181C681-F523-4B6E-BF19-52D7FDD31B08.jpeg
My Pekin Drake has been in jail most of the day for harassing 2 of my new females. His Runner girlfriend since hatch insisted on going to jail for a visit. :love

Denver Ducky you have they most precious duck seen her on fb I could just cuddle her she so cute. I have 3 Pekins 10 mons drakes yes 3 drakes got them some hens lord that's when the troubles began but we r dealing. They are our first and have brought a real joy to our lives. Aflac James, Bitsy Lewis, and Hermen Wayne.

I have 8 pekins.

Here's the first 6:
Drakes: Tweety, Taz, Jmatt, and Ming Ming
Hens: Largo and Montego

And then the two recent additions:
Hens: Ginger and MaryAnn

So yes....I have 4 boys and 4 girls.
We have a 5 acre lake so plenty of room and everyone seems to be doing fine.

Last edited:
Pekin Duck Club Members List:

duckins

Carebearsmiles

Apyl

zbraswell92

Sarah1031

calmwinds

rubberduckies

randallt1

Caitlin2013

WindDancer

Please let me know if you would like to be added or removed! Thanks :)

Last edited:
No, nate1the1great1, you do not have to give your ducks those HORRIBLE antibiotics. You can let the ducks die. That's what people who hate modern medicines do—let things die like nature intended. I am not being sarcastic—I am just tired of people complaining and vilifying a medicine and then running out and using it when things get bad. If antibiotics are HORRIBLE, do NOT use them.

How awful for you, Charlie, and Jojo:-( I am so sorry for your loss, bit it sounds like you ended her suffering<3

@duckies1230 you are an amazing Moma !! We are crying with you!!! I hope that you will get a few more girl's for your dude.. He will happy if you do.. Can't wait to see what breed you get.. Dont forget that a drake can over mate a single hen.. So more than one hen, for her sake. Yes, mirror & stuffed animal.. Sometimes you just never know.. Bless your heart & condolences from us..

Hello fellow duck lovers. I have a problem. I introduced a new female duck in with my 8 ducks. I have noticed they are not very friendly to her and are pecking at the back of her neck. There is now an open wound with missing feathers. Any suggestions what I can put on it as well as what I should do about the situation!I have 7 drakes and 2 females now

I looked through your past posts. You have known for over 4 weeks now that you have 7 males and one female. Did you add/lose a duck? You were warned that this was a very dangerous combination for a flock, yet you did nothing. Do you really want advice? We want to help, but only if you are actually going to do what is suggested.

I want to believe that you care about your ducks, it seems you do. You MUST separate your male/female ducks or they will kill them. They are still young, trust me - if you think it's bad now, don't wait to see how bad it gets as they get a little older. You need to -

1. Find a home for all of your drakes, or at least all but 1.
2. Find a home for your female ducks, and keep all of the males
3. Keep all of the ducks, but keep them in 2 separate flocks, males in one, females in the other.
4. Ignore the advice, as you have been for 4 weeks. It will be very sad for the females.

Back
Top Bottom