Pekin Duck Club!

Anyone have any suggestions for my coop? I keep a good eye on them all day but at night they come in at dark they start chattering they go strait to the door , about 830pm. But I feel bad them being in a small box at night although they seem to be ookay with it . They usually asleep within 15 minutes of getting in to their box , I just feel I can. Sleep knowing their okay , I get them back outside about 630-700am. Any suggestions? Their going to get bigger and start laying eggs idk what to do
20160726_143420.jpg
20160726_143420.jpg
I also live in Texas, central Texas to be exact, HOT!! This is my setup. I used a 10 x 10 chain link dog kennel and put a chicken wire top on it. The tarp on top keeps them dry in the heavy rains. They have a dog crate (behind the grey fan) for them to get into when it is cold. I put hay on the bottom of it. I just pull out any messed up hay. I have plywood on three sides, the front I have tiny holed hardware cloth (so a coon can't get it's pay in to kill the ducks by pulling their head through). Good luck!

I've been giving my pekin nutradrench for 3 nights and bringing her to wash room at night to make sure she gets it. She is more verbal and has a better appetite for sure. My daughter asked me to take her and help her get better because her Drake wouldn't leave her alone and she was starting to look like she was getting weakened by his daily battering. Scabs on her head, neck, and near her eye. Anyway, I tried the nutradrench, but fondo know how long I should give it nightly. Her bill also had a lot of black spots on it, I posted pictures in a earlier post
I was told vitamin deficiency, so that is why the nutradrench. Thanks

I'd give it nightly for a full week then do it every other night for another then 2X until your down to 1X only thing it might cause is loose poop but they already have that.

I thought the spots on the bill was normal for females when they mature?

Has your dd thought about adding more females to her flock? That way her drake would hopefully not pay so much attention to this one.

My daughter has 2 female with him now. For some reason he was focused on her. ☹️. She is 1yr and the others don't have the black spots, just her. They look moldy.

Have you put any ACV into her drinking water? I'd put out 2 buckets one with the PND and one with ACV that way she can use both and benefit from both maybe the ACV will help with the bill. I'll go take a closer look at her pic. Does the bill feel normal though?

Have you put any ACV into her drinking water? I'd put out 2 buckets one with the PND and one with ACV that way she can use both and benefit from both maybe the ACV will help with the bill. I'll go take a closer look at her pic. Does the bill feel normal though?
Hi..... Thanks for replying... Her bill feels smooth. I checked out the Bird Answer page and "bookmarked" it for future use. Really good info!! Okay, so if I put ACV and PND in different waterers, can the other birds drink it, or do I need to separate them. I have 2 other ducks and 4 chickens. I have only tried leaving her with the rest at night 1 time, and it seemed that no one was getting any sleep. They were all trying to stay away from her. One of my earlier post was about "will they ever be friends"? Anyway, then I decided to just put her in the washroom at night to make sure she gets the PND. I kinda like her in the house. She is very pretty and sweet. Sometimes, I wonder if she didn't get as much feed/water as the rest. Maybe she was getting "jaded" and was just wanting to avoid the drake... just thinking out loud. thanks

Back
Top Bottom