Poopy butt balls

319218437.gif

::: showing myself out ::: :oops:

Nice to know i'm not the only one who has this problem! I had a roo who ALWAYS had a (what I always called a) "crusty butt" It started as soon as his butt feathers grew long enough to get poop stuck in em. I found myself getting a face full of chicken butt a couple times a month to trim his feathers. I thank this rooster, George, for getting me used to getting up close and personal with chicken poo. Doesn't even phase me anymore lol!

Recently had to trim one of my bantam Cochins. Was fine until I got to do the deed and in with the poo clump was a very fresh cecal slop!!!
Yep, we both had a thorough wash after that, just lucky for us it is 35c and sunshine
Has to be done though, too hot, too many flies and can’t be comfortable for them.

So..... I spent a good portion of last night soaking my chicken's butt in warm water to remove a golf ball sized chunk of poop from her feathers for the first time. I didn't realize it had gotten so matted up. Thanks to the advice I found on this site I was able to remove it without any fuss...:yesss: In fact, I think she liked the warm water. I thought she'd be panicked and flapping all over the place (which she did do once and splashed poop water all over us :tongue), but for the most part she just stood and talked to us the whole time. With about a 10 minute blow dry she was back out in the yard! Thanks for all the advice, everyone! It's greatly appreciated. My chickens are pretty low maintenance, hopefully this was the worst thing I'll ever have to deal with. :fl PS...I love that there is a "butt pickers" club! lol...cracks me up.:lol:

So... I think I am going to have to join this club. Are there any blood feathers down there in the nether regions? Do I need to be afraid of anything other than the obvious?
Oh, one more question... does anybody know where I can get a full-body condom before I try this??????

Back
Top Bottom