Prolapse and bleeding

well, Wish I had gotten an alert you posted @Wyorp Rock weather is too cold. I did make soaking a little easier by putting her in the pot but in an unused bathtub. The prolapse was out and looked dry or something crusty on the outside edges. Should of took a picture. After soaking in salts I used the antibiotic again and added aloe as well. Pushed it back in and it hurt her. She cried this time. Bout broke my heart. She is old english jubilee orph. humongous bird. I held it in again for an hr. but I havent looked. Its hard to see. I trembled for half an hr. afterwards. Im just not sure I can do this. Its tearing me up.

I'm so sorry:hugs

Do you have anything really moist you can apply to the tissue - A+D ointment, Prep H, etc.? That may be better than aloe - you want something that clings and doesn't dry out too fast. Sometimes a prolapse won't stay in due to swelling, that's o.k. as long as you keep it moist. It could take a couple of days for it to stay in.

You are doing good. If she will drink, she will be o.k. for a day or so without food.

I'm so sorry:hugs

Do you have anything really moist you can apply to the tissue - A+D ointment, Prep H, etc.? That may be better than aloe - you want something that clings and doesn't dry out too fast. Sometimes a prolapse won't stay in due to swelling, that's o.k. as long as you keep it moist. It could take a couple of days for it to stay in.

You are doing good. If she will drink, she will be o.k. for a day or so without food.
The antibiotic isnt good enough to keep it moist ? I have to go out in the morning I can pick up whatever else I need. So its ok that its outside as long as its moist or how many times do you put it back in ?

You have triple antibiotic ointment on it now? If you do, that should keep it moist enough along with the aloe.

Yes, it can take a couple of days to stop swelling in order for the prolapse to go back in. If it is hurting her to push back in, then let it stay out as long as it's kept moist with ointment. Encourage her to drink - if she will take plain water that is fine. Poultry Vitamins or even gatorade - whatever she will drink - hydration is important.

Let her and you rest. In the morning, clean her up if need be, apply some warm compresses - if she has poop stuck (that may be what the crusty was), try to get that off. Do what you can manage - slather her up, then try again - if it hurts her, stop and wait longer.

I'm very sorry that you and she are having a hard time. I wish there was more I could do:hugs

I have some odd things from a wound care clinic that I used when my mom lost her toe. I will drag them out tomorrow but I remember them being put on like a sponge then dissolving on the wound .
I would also like to know how to pronounce your name Wyorp. :oops:

You have triple antibiotic ointment on it now? If you do, that should keep it moist enough along with the aloe.

Yes, it can take a couple of days to stop swelling in order for the prolapse to go back in. If it is hurting her to push back in, then let it stay out as long as it's kept moist with ointment. Encourage her to drink - if she will take plain water that is fine. Poultry Vitamins or even gatorade - whatever she will drink - hydration is important.

Let her and you rest. In the morning, clean her up if need be, apply some warm compresses - if she has poop stuck (that may be what the crusty was), try to get that off. Do what you can manage - slather her up, then try again - if it hurts her, stop and wait longer.

I'm very sorry that you and she are having a hard time. I wish there was more I could do:hugs
Thank you ! Yes I have been putting the antibiotic on 2xs a day. I thought every time it came out I had to shove it back in and I did hurt her today. I think it would stay in better if she were tame.

I have some odd things from a wound care clinic that I used when my mom lost her toe. I will drag them out tomorrow but I remember them being put on like a sponge then dissolving on the wound .
I would also like to know how to pronounce your name Wyorp. :oops:

Take a look and see what you have.

LOL - "Wy" as in Wyandotte "Orp" as in Orpington = Wyorp
Goofy, I know:lol:

Back
Top Bottom