Question of the Day - Wednesday, March 13th, 2024

Of course! Is there any other way to drive?!?!?!? 🛻
I'm calling the cops
Dog Police GIF

So at 15 or 20 over you don't get pulled over?
Not unless the man needs his quota at the end of the month. Even the cops roll 15 over normally.

Surface streets 10 over is the norm. They'll pop you at more than 15 over. Or school zones which are zero tolerance (and I'm totally on board with).

Freeways are (mostly) 65 in town and 75 out in between. No one drives less than 80 on most freeways in town and Highway Patrol gets cranky at 85. Out in the open spaces in between, they WILL yell at you at 84 and ticket at 89. That's If they happen to find you speeding. We have a shortage of law enforcement at all levels here, so they tend to be sparse on the ground and are often busy dealing with other stuff.

AZ's problem is that we have a lot of drivers who think their last name is Andretti but their driving ability is more "Miss Daisy". Combine that with that lack of enforcement and the underlying habitual speeding, and it can be a dangerous place to drive.

I support exercising my right foot and I drive at a speed I feel is safe for myself as well as other drivers around me. If that means I have a conversation with an officer about why I am flying down a road, I accept that fate. I know how I got there, and I will take my punishment if necessary.

Not unless the man needs his quota at the end of the month. Even the cops roll 15 over normally.
My ex, a Sunnyvale, CA cop says they're called "performance goals" and that they were supposed to write two tickets a day. And not just speeding tickets, they're supposed to get a variety (stop signs, red lights, parking, illegal u-turns, etc.).

My ex, a Sunnyvale, CA cop says they're called "performance goals" and that they were supposed to write two tickets a day. And not just speeding tickets, they're supposed to get a variety (stop signs, red lights, parking, illegal u-turns, etc.).
They all insist they don't do that here, but the last week or so of each month sure seems to have a lot more traffic stops in my area...

Back
Top Bottom