Red JungleFowl? Cockerel or Pullet?

IMG_8389 2.jpeg
IMG_8432.jpeg
IMG_8443.jpeg
IMG_8434.jpeg
IMG_8446.jpeg

I am sorry it was taking an insanely long time to upload to iCloud. If you need pictures of specific areas I can try that as well.

He/she seems to be in great hands with you! 💕

If you aren't able to take the chick home with you, maybe you can try contacting Aloha Animal Sanctuary, maybe they might take him/her in?
Yes thank you we were thinking this as well. I was in Aloha Animal Sanctuary last week (for something unrelated, before I found this girl) and they seemed to have lots of free roaming chicken in the sanctuary premise as well as a few caged ones with special needs. The only concern I have is that since she has Avian Pox which is communicable, they may not be able to take her because their chickens are mostly free-roaming. For the moment I have asked the vet for the necessary tests to "import poultry" to mainland. We are staying for a couple more weeks so hopefully we will have everything figured out.

Yes thank you we were thinking this as well. I was in Aloha Animal Sanctuary last week (for something unrelated, before I found this girl) and they seemed to have lots of free roaming chicken in the sanctuary premise as well as a few caged ones with special needs. The only concern I have is that since she has Avian Pox which is communicable, they may not be able to take her because their chickens are mostly free-roaming. For the moment I have asked the vet for the necessary tests to "import poultry" to mainland. We are staying for a couple more weeks so hopefully we will have everything figured out.
I really do hope that you'll be able to bring her home with you! 🤞

If for some reason you aren't able to bring her home with you, it doesn't hurt to check with Aloha Animal Sanctuary to if they'd take her in despite her having Avian Pox.

Back
Top Bottom