Rhode Island

Thank you for this!!! I appreciate your hard work! I have a small child and don’t get a chance to call places without being interrupted.

What kind of chickens do you have?
It is always nice to meet a new chicken lover!
No problem! Sometimes I end up in a rabbit hole, but also since I plan to move somewhere a bit more rural, it's good to know what towns to look for land in.

I'm picking up at Koops Coops in April! Salmon Faverolles, Midnight Majesty Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Buff Orpingtons. A mixed, but fun flock!

Poulin Grain at TLC in West Greenwich

We just called over to TLC landscaping in West Greenwich, and they're now carrying Poulin grain. This is nice, since our local distributor (T&J Grain) closed up shop a few years ago. The price is actually a few cents per 50 lb bag than TSC's price for their Dumor brand.

TLC is located about 5 min off Rt 95 exits 18 and 19 (former exits 6 and 6A).

I'm in no way affiliated with TLC, other than I've been a customer of theirs in the past. I just prefer buying a higher quality grain from a local business.
Do you have any experience with Ventura Grain out in Tiverton?

W. Greenwich is a bit closer to where I live vs taking a hike out to Tiverton for feed. Just curious since I also intend on buying locally and hadn't realized there was somewhere 15 minutes away.

No problem! Sometimes I end up in a rabbit hole, but also since I plan to move somewhere a bit more rural, it's good to know what towns to look for land in.

I'm picking up at Koops Coops in April! Salmon Faverolles, Midnight Majesty Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Buff Orpingtons. A mixed, but fun flock!
That’s awesome!!
I looked up that place last year and thought it closed down?
Where is it? I have never been.

Do you have any experience with Ventura Grain out in Tiverton?

W. Greenwich is a bit closer to where I live vs taking a hike out to Tiverton for feed. Just curious since I also intend on buying locally and hadn't realized there was somewhere 15 minutes away.
I am not sure if it matters to you but I called and asked Ventura grain and their grain is GMO.
I don’t eat anything bioengineered and don’t feed it to my pets either. Some people don’t mind. But just so you know.

I am not sure if it matters to you but I called and asked Ventura grain and their grain is GMO.
I don’t eat anything bioengineered and don’t feed it to my pets either. Some people don’t mind. But just so you know.
Oh that's good to know. I had no idea. Figured since it was made in MA that it would be alright. I do know the owner of Koops makes their own scratch from high quality materials as well as sourcing high quality grubs for snacks.

It's not somewhere you can walk in. They're only open on Saturdays for pickup. So you'd schedule when you're going to grab feed or chickens.

The address is 1167 E Rd, Tiverton, RI 02878

I sold all 37 of my chickens last October because i turned 80 but i missed them so much i ordered 20 16 week old pullets for end of March and i am heading to TSC to buy some chicks, my Grandson eats 4 eggs every morning and is willing to help out, so sorry i sold mine

I sold all 37 of my chickens last October because i turned 80 but i missed them so much i ordered 20 16 week old pullets for end of March and i am heading to TSC to buy some chicks, my Grandson eats 4 eggs every morning and is willing to help out, so sorry i sold mine
It’s sad when you have to say goodbye.
But the good news is you have new friends coming and new adventures with them await!!
I can’t wait to hear about them!
Glad you decided to get back into your hobby! It’s wonderful your family is able to help!
Be sure to show photos! I love seeing people’s flock!

Hi all!!!
It is a sad day! I just found out the pet birds we got for Christmas have to be rehomed. My child is allergic!
Not to the chickens.
To our lovebird and two parakeets.
Anyone want to adopt a lovebird and two parakeets?
Or know anyone who might?
Thanks for reading!!

I was told to find my state page and try here so hopefully I'm in the right place!

I need to rehome my 6 month old olive egger rooster. Very handsome, but my kids are afraid of him. We hand raised him from day old chick so would love for him to be kept as pet or breeding purposes only.

Attachments

• 20230820_074457.jpg
    20230820_074457.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230820_074427.jpg
    20230820_074427.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom