Rooster attacked a newer rooster help!

It think the eyeball has been punctured by the first picture. Was the pus yellow or white? I would continue flushing the eye with either saline or eye wash 2-3 times a day, followed by applying either Terramycin eye ointment from a feed store or plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Most chickens can do well with only one eye, but roosters can be more at risk if they are in a flock with other roosters. Trim any spurs and dull them.

It think the eyeball has been punctured by the first picture. Was the pus yellow or white? I would continue flushing the eye with either saline or eye wash 2-3 times a day, followed by applying either Terramycin eye ointment from a feed store or plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Most chickens can do well with only one eye, but roosters can be more at risk if they are in a flock with other roosters. Trim any spurs and dull them.
The puss was more of a green color. He’s doing well as he’s eating and moving around, one of my other roosters have actually been protecting him. When a hen gets to close he lets them know to back off, normally I see that with my hens against a roo. I had to put him into this coop last night as weather got bad last night, during the day he’s keep separate, which then one of my hens go off crowing because he’s been removed from the flock.
19DF1A87-49B2-4C76-A4BC-6ED1F488FBA2.jpeg

Warning graphic content!!!!

So this was eagles eye this morning, we renamed him from Donald trump. Still doing the wash on his eye 2 times a day. I will say he gave me cuddles this morning before doing his treatment.

Attachments

• A006BE67-5FB3-4DD5-83FA-9B266509839F.jpeg
    A006BE67-5FB3-4DD5-83FA-9B266509839F.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 15
  • BE9C2829-B12E-439D-A504-ADE0992C7339.jpeg
    BE9C2829-B12E-439D-A504-ADE0992C7339.jpeg
    701.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 96F239EE-C777-4FA8-808A-BCC9A60A28B9.jpeg
    96F239EE-C777-4FA8-808A-BCC9A60A28B9.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 14
Eagle also has a bad case of scaly leg mites by the look of the photo. Are you treating him for that too?
Didn’t know he had that, the previous owner didn’t tell me much on him. And I’ve had chickens almost 3 years and never encountered something like that.

Edit: I looked up the info I’ll get medicine tomorrow for the mites.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom