Rosecomb Thread

Pics
Quote:
The Pullets have done well for me, I have a good number of Birchen out of them and a few others that will move forward to next year to get the Birchen color back in the Roseomb, that was my first goal with the Black's I will maintain a few reall nice blacks for a few years as I expect to go back to them at least two more times to get type issues and earlobe issues resolved.

Gave these guys baths today but took some pictures before and am pretty excited about my birds again, was about to get out of them but think im going to concentrate mainly on my BBReds next year and only hatch a few blacks and blues. Sorry they were all so muddy, part of the problem with them being out almost every day.

Does anyone know where I could get some show quality black rosecombs? I would be willing to pay top dollar, will take chicks or birds under a year of age. Even better does anyone breed rosecombs in Utah?

Good luck with getting some birds. There are a lot of top breeders out there, just go to the Rosecomb Bantam Federtion, you will see a list of breeders there. Welcome to the wonderful world of Rosecombs!!!
thumbsup.gif

Charlie,
as we discusses here is one of the Birchen F1 malesnot quite finished and not in the best condition but has a purpose other than being shown off. I kept 4 cockrells and 32 pullets and have plans to put as many as I can hatch on the ground to get somewhere quickly. I have one cockrell with a decent white earlobe but very small, this one has large round earlobes but no white, there will be some give and take for a few generations I am sure. As you can see the black was carrying gold for the hackle saddle and wing bow but I will get a nice silver male from this falls matings, which I expect to be no problem since the pullets started laying numbers will be no issue.

Back
Top Bottom