San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

OHH No, ahh  donkey to add to your menagerie ! !   Why ?  Well i do know why but how did it come about?  He is good looking but need a good brushing. Should I come down and give him a go over ?  Ha Ha my back surgery is in two weeks so that is out or I would visit. (PLUS I am busy making ART)

I would love a donkey and some goats but alas I can not even keep my birdie flock where I live.  Debbie can I move to your place in Jacumba so i can care for and observe animals ?

Allison my neighbor just bought two donkeys to use as pack animals for their hike.

Why?. . . the question is always Why not? Actually, I gave Renee's little girl the pony. As darling as he is I couldn't turn him out to pasture with Pancho (my horse Deb) . This way, a little girl gets to have her dream of having her own horse and Pancho gets a buddy that he can have with him when he's turned out. I do try to make logical decisions...or at least some of the time I do.

He definitely needed brushing, which he got. He's matted too so I may need to have Dana take some clippers to him. I hear she's got an itch.

Take it easy so you will recover more quickly from your surgery. It's hard to keep a crazy lady down, I know, but do try ;)

Quote:
Oh goody I am a worrier.... My ex Roommate was a consummate Mule person and I was indoctrinated to the N'th degree on Mules and Donkeys.... Though I have never had one. How tall is he? I know the Poitous are considered mammoth and can be as large as fifteen to sixteen hands. They are also like long haired Cows their coat hair continues to grow.

deb

4b2424b7-a62b-cc55.jpg

I just found out my husband and I have to move. I need to sell my coop and have 4 glb and 3 blb for sale. The coop is 150, and I would sell the group of brahmas for 175. They are about 3 mo. Thanks!

Soooooooooo....I bought a donkey. Very cute chap, named him "Boone". The previous owner delivered him from Lancaster. I basically bought him sight unseen...or at least not seen in person. I asked how he did with chickens PRIOR to my getting him. After he's unloaded, in my corral, payment made, the previous owner lets me know that he killed a chicken a few days ago.
th.gif
She's had him for 5 yrs. . . .
I'm hoping that it's a once in every 5 yrs. event.. . he's cute though
big_smile.png

Anyone else have a donkey?

My wife tells me all the time she's living with a donkey, but I cant find it.

idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom