Silkie and project egg Hatch-A-Long

Pics

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
This year I thought I would try starting my first hatch-a-long. You're welcome to choose an egg to root for.

If you'd also like to name your egg, I have naming themes that should be followed. This year the themes are:
Silkies: Greek mythology and Percy Jackson related names.
Project chicks: Anything starting with the letter A. (This can be anything – flowers, human names, etc.)

I can't guarantee that I'll be able to tell the chicks apart at hatch. If you do think of a name that follows the given theme, I will be sure to give a chick that name if your chosen egg hatches.

I've got 22 silkie eggs from my black, white, and paint silkies. They're from young pullets, so I have no idea how well they'll be fertilized.
Then I have 9 project eggs. What will come out of those is a bit of a mystery. They'll most likely be penciled or patterned with crests, some may be lavender, some will have light skin and some will have dark skin. There's a lot more that they may or may not inherit from the parents. I just really hope they won't be silked.

Together there are 31 eggs due to hatch on March 2nd.

20240209_135636.jpg

Last edited:
And we have chicks!! 3 project babies and 1 silkie so far. The ones hatched are 27, 28, 29 and one silkie who's number on the eggshell I can't see.
Artemis (27) and Ares (28) are a darker chipmunk color, Amelia (29) is a light chipmunk color, and the silkie (can't see the number) is black.

Here we have Amelia on the bottom left, Ares on the right, the silkie in the top right corner and Artemis in the egg (hatched out a few minutes later).
View attachment 3760078
Congrats @Obsessed With Silkies @Nero70002 @GirlsHuntToo
:frow Hello little fluffs! 😍

Come on out to play Abigail! 🥰

And we have chicks!! 3 project babies and 1 silkie so far. The ones hatched are 27, 28, 29 and one silkie who's number on the eggshell I can't see.
Artemis (27) and Ares (28) are a darker chipmunk color, Amelia (29) is a light chipmunk color, and the silkie (can't see the number) is black.

Here we have Amelia on the bottom left, Ares on the right, the silkie in the top right corner and Artemis in the egg (hatched out a few minutes later).
View attachment 3760078
Congrats @Obsessed With Silkies @Nero70002 @GirlsHuntToo
Welcome to the World chickie! 🥰🥰🥰

And we have chicks!! 3 project babies and 1 silkie so far. The ones hatched are 27, 28, 29 and 9.
Artemis (27) and Ares (28) are a darker chipmunk color, Amelia (29) is a light chipmunk color, and the silkie Demeter/Chiron (9) is black.

Here we have Amelia on the bottom left, Ares on the right, Demeter/Chiron in the top right corner and Artemis in the egg (hatched out a few minutes later).
20240229_151935.jpg

Congrats @Obsessed With Silkies @Nero70002 @GirlsHuntToo @Aardyn

Edit: Identified the silkie as number 9

Last edited:
So after I sat down, looked at my list of chick names and my notes on some of the chicks that I watched hatch, I finally named (almost) everyone. I hope I have identified most correctly.
I also now took pictures of everyone who has hatched. I went ahead and named 17, 19 and 21, which were unnamed. The names are Persephone, Hestia, and Scylla. I left 22 and 24 (cheered on by @Lovely Lettie and @Bella the Chicken Lover) unnamed in case they think of names. If not, just say so and I'm sure we'll all figure out what to name them 🥰

Here are the rest of the chicks:

Dionysus
View attachment 3762439

Calypso
View attachment 3762440

Faun
View attachment 3762441

Zeus
View attachment 3762442

Annabeth
This one has the best paint spots I've hatched yet, so of course she had to have an extra toe 🥲
View attachment 3762443

Hestia
View attachment 3762444

Chick 22
View attachment 3762445

Chick 24
This one's the 2nd lavender.
View attachment 3762447

Apollo
View attachment 3762448

Scylla
View attachment 3762449

Thalia
View attachment 3762451

Hades
View attachment 3762452

Persephone
View attachment 3762453

I have the photos watermarked cause they'll most likely be posted on my Instagram.
Omg 22 is so adorable 🤩 I'll think of a name and get back to you 😁

It's nice to see everyone encouraging the eggies to grow big and strong!
I think I'll candle the eggs this Saturday (day 14) and then again just before lockdown to make sure all are doing alright. How does that sound?
Awesome! Go eggie P24 who doesn't have a name yet 😂

Back
Top Bottom