Silkie and project egg Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Okay, I have officially lost track of which chick came from which egg. I think we have 17 chicks now, but counting them is really hard with how much they move around. 17 is what I have noted based on egg shells though.

Dionysus (6), Zeus (7), Annabeth (13), 21, Azaelean/Azaelon (23), Iris (10), and Alouette (26) have hatched.

I'm not going to pretend I know what color which chick is 😅.

In general it looks like we may have 2 lavender chipmunk striped chicks (one of them is likely 23), more black silkies, more white silkies and it also looks like 2 or 3 of the older white silkies are showing some small paint spots now that they're drying off.

@KathiQuacks @HappyHippyChick @Chicken poppy @BackroadGirl57 @NagemTX @Nero70002
Yay! How exciting

Okay, I have officially lost track of which chick came from which egg. I think we have 17 chicks now, but counting them is really hard with how much they move around. 17 is what I have noted based on egg shells though.

Dionysus (6), Zeus (7), Annabeth (13), 21, Azaelean/Azaelon (23), Iris (10), and Alouette (26) have hatched.

I'm not going to pretend I know what color which chick is 😅.

In general it looks like we may have 2 lavender chipmunk striped chicks (one of them is likely 23), more black silkies, more white silkies and it also looks like 2 or 3 of the older white silkies are showing some small paint spots now that they're drying off.

@KathiQuacks @HappyHippyChick @Chicken poppy @BackroadGirl57 @NagemTX @Nero70002
Oh, how amazing!! Great job Dionysus! :celebrate As well as the other 16 chicks! Who else is left to hatch? Also, please do show us more chick pictures when you can! :fl

Who else is left to hatch?
The ones left are Hermes (2), Grover (11), Thalia (15), Abigail (25), and Aredia (32). Thalia has pipped. Still waiting on the rest.
Also, please do show us more chick pictures when you can! :fl
I'd love to but most the pictures end up blurry because of how much they move around plus having to take photos through the plastic. I can't wait for them to be out in the brooder. That's when the real photoshoots will begin.
Every year I try to take weekly pictures of each individual chick until they're about 3-4 months old (R.I.P. my phone storage). But it's always interesting to look back on at the end of the year and compare pullets to cockerels or compare parents to their chicks when they were the same age.

Here are some better pictures:

Artemis or Ares in the middle there. I can tell them apart by their combs but I don't remember which of the two is in the picture.
20240301_194632.jpg

Amelia checking out what's going on.
20240301_194642.jpg

Everyone laying down.
20240301_194708.jpg

The 5 older chicks have been moved to the brooder. Pretty much the only chicks I can still tell apart with confidence. That's Ares, Artemis, Amelia, Aphrodite, and Demeter/Chiron. They all look so different from one another. Soon a few other older, dried off chicks will join them.

Amelia is on the bottom right, above is Artemis, eating is Ares, Demeter/Chiron is behind Ares and Aphrodite is in the top left.
20240301_202209.jpg

Demeter/Chiron with Ares.
20240302_083622.jpg

Aphrodite. This one has me questioning everything I thought I knew about the parents 😂. First the single comb, then it's somehow white but it's not white because the pin feathers look like a dark grey. And then there's that brownish color on its lower back. This one's gonna be interesting to watch feather out.
20240302_083734.jpg

Demeter/Chiron's little face :love
This one has a tendency to be a bit dramatic.
20240301_230102.jpg

Amelia has two little dots on the head. It's so cute.
20240301_225938.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom