Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Good morning eggies! You are almost half way there, you all got this!!

You Got This GIF

Look who got in these eggs' brooder last night. I never even cleaned it from when they were living in there a month ago. 🫣

Hubby felt sorry for me feeling sorry for them so he went and got them out of their hutch outside they've been living in, more like dungeon. They couldn't come out due to the subzero temps and windchill and that is for another week! Suddenly he showed up in the house with them and I screamed lol. They're nearly 3 months old.

@2ndTink I think I got another Marsha here lol.

1705414444175.png

If you have a specific breed you want, then look for quality breeders online, craigslist often has a lot of local BYM and some purebreds available especially in the spring. You can also order hatching eggs from many of the hatcheries. Shipping is hard on eggs (as you can see with Debbie's hatch here) so finding some the closer the better 😊

Also, get a good incubator, you don't want cold and hot spots or poor temperature control.
Yes, I think we have find a local Hatchery. 24 River LLC right down from me. I will have to pay them a visit. Also, we have been pricing incubators. So it's one step at a time. Thanks for all information keep it coming 👍

Look who got in these eggs' brooder last night. I never even cleaned it from when they were living in there a month ago. 🫣

Hubby felt sorry for me feeling sorry for them so he went and got them out of their hutch outside they've been living in, more like dungeon. They couldn't come out due to the subzero temps and windchill and that is for another week! Suddenly he showed up in the house with them and I screamed lol. They're nearly 3 months old.

View attachment 3727119
Oh my goodness 🤩 love love love! They look great 🥰

View attachment 3727119
So, getting your husband to feel sorry for you is the trick? I'm still trying to get my husband to ok buying an an incubator. And we've got 70° weather !!!!! :lau

Yes, I think we have find a local Hatchery. 24 River LLC right down from me. I will have to pay them a visit. Also, we have been pricing incubators. So it's one step at a time. Thanks for all information keep it coming 👍
I've heard good things about the Kebonixxs, but I've never used it. A lot of people seem to have good luck with the Nurture right 360, like Debbie here, but I didn't. I did my last hatch in a Brinsea Ovation and I love it! They are expensive though, I was able to find mine on FB Marketplace so that was a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom